AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

First Major MC 8.9 Bug.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Marginet
First Major MC 8.9 Bug.
on Aug 14, 2017 at 6:10:20 am
Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Aug 14, 2017 at 6:15:48 am

I just opened an older project that contains only AMA Linked 23.976 DNxHD 115 Quicktime Movies and I can't do absolutely anything in it. Every clip and timeline gives me the "Exception: Cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip" error. Really this is Avid DNxHD Media and it can't play it back. Guess I'm going to have to move back to 8.8.5.

I figured I'd give 8.9 a try because all my projects are completed and I'm starting a new one tomorrow. It's all going to be AMA Linked DNxHD 36 Quicktime Movies and I fear that it won't be able to play them back either.

Ok now after running more tests this makes even less sense. I created a new project and AMA linked several of the 23.976 clips with the same results. Just for the heck of it though I AMA linked to a True 24p DNxHD 115 Clip and a 25i DNxHD 120 Clip in this 23.976 Project and they open and playback with no issues.

Now how the hell can that be possible.

I ran even more tests and It gets even worse. I can't consolidate, transcode or do a video mixdown on any of the 23.976 media but I can with the 24p and 25i Media.

What the hell this is ridiculous.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: First Major MC 8.9 Bug.
on Aug 18, 2017 at 4:58:23 pm

I opened a previous project with ProRes422 footage I brought in AMA linked. it opened and played fine in 8.9. I'm on a 2010 Mac Pro 12 core OS X 10.11.6.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: First Major MC 8.9 Bug.
on Aug 18, 2017 at 7:10:47 pm

Looks like I solve the issue.

I completely uninstalled MC, I then trashed all of the Avid Preferences in my USERS/xxxx/Library Folder. Lastly I deleted all the Avid Folders in the Applications Folder and the USERS/Shared Folder and then reinstalled MC. Everything seems to be working fine inside of the 23.976 Project even after I imported my user settings. Thanks for your help.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]