AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Constant Intermittent Crashing Using Find Feature on Scripts

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Ollar
Constant Intermittent Crashing Using Find Feature on Scripts
on Aug 4, 2017 at 9:53:32 pm

I've been having a recurring issue where editors and story producers are seeing excessive Avid crashes when trying to use the find feature to search text in Avid script files. I have tried all the usual methods of bay maintenance: clearing mc states, clearing site settings, trying fresh user settings, etc. We have also tried switching the search data directories to store locally instead of on the network. No matter what we try we still see consistent crashing when trying to search. Any thoughts on what may be provoking this issue?

Avid Media Composer 8.8.0
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
ISIS 5500 with 3 chassis across 2 storage groups

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Constant Intermittent Crashing Using Find Feature on Scripts
on Aug 5, 2017 at 3:14:00 am

This may not help but update to 8.8.5.
There's a ton of bugs in 8.8.0 to 8.8.3 that have been fixed, maybe this is one of them.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Trevor Ollar
Re: Constant Intermittent Crashing Using Find Feature on Scripts
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:59:04 pm

Unfortunately I am locked into the version we have running right now. We are in the swing of things and we can't go down to update. Aside from that, I don't want to provoke new issues by changing the version in the middle of things. But I did already go through the Avid readme for every patch to see if this bug was addressed. It isn't mentioned anywhere in the readmes. Annoyingly, I also can't find this issue discussed anywhere on the web. Thank you for the input, though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]