AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

AVID MC 8.8: Looking for Bin Settings

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Both
AVID MC 8.8: Looking for Bin Settings
on May 27, 2017 at 4:50:16 pm

Hello guys,

I recently ran into some odd problems in Media Composer 8.8.0 and couldnĀ“t find a solution anywhere, so I hope someone on here can help.

I am working with Panasonic P2 cards and until a few days ago, when I inserted a P2 card into my card reader, AVID would automatically AMA-link to that volume and create a dedicated Bin for that card (and another Bin for another card, and so on...). Now out of the blue, Media Composer started to put all clips, originating from different P2 cards, into a single Bin ("AMA folder"), which is not the preferred way I like to handle my material.

I know that in previous versions there was an option in the AMA/Link-Settings where you could decide how MC handles material from automatically linked volumes ("use active bin" / "create new bin"). Unfortunately, the tab containing this option has vanished from the Link-Settings in MC 8.8 and I can not find it anywhere else.

Has anyone ever encountered similar problems or does anyone know where I can find the mentioned option?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]