Problems exporting AAF file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Harper
Problems exporting AAF file
on May 6, 2017 at 1:08:06 pm
Last Edited By Adam Harper on May 6, 2017 at 1:22:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to export an AAF for a sound designer who is using Logic Pro 9. I trying to use the Consolidate Media method however every single time I do it, I get
"Operation not supported, filename:/Volumes/(my external harddrive)/OMFI MediaFiles/Creating/creating1,2,3,4,5 etc..."

This is the screenshot of the settings window

I have tired every combination of media destination, I have tried other methods of export and that just brings me the same error or other ones. As you can see, there are no odd characters in the media path I'm using. I've tried selecting

Any ideas as what the issue might be? I'm using AVID 7.0.4. on a Mac with OSX 10.8.5,

I should also add that I'm working from an ExFat formatted external hard drive, I've read that can be a problem. I really hope it isn't :/

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Problems exporting AAF file
on May 6, 2017 at 4:18:48 pm

Have you tried just going to your desktop, and then moving it over from there? If you do suspect the external drive, then the first thing I would try is a totally different location.

I always embed the media in the aaf, so I'm not great on "gotchas" when exporting the media separately.

I do find, converting the media to 24bit 48k, no matter what it starts out as, sometimes help to create clean media during the process.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Adam Harper
on May 6, 2017 at 4:26:51 pm

Hi Glenn,

Unfortunately none of the suggestions helped. The project is on the external hard drive though, would that have something to do with it?

Return to posts index

Adam Harper
on May 6, 2017 at 4:58:35 pm

I should also point out that just before this, I exported an AAF for Da Vinci Resolve and there were no problems at all. So it seems to be specifically audio related.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 9, 2017 at 1:52:28 pm

I wonder if it has to do with your using omfi media rather than mxf media.

Most of us use mxf now, (and have for years), so I'm trying to remember any "gotchas" from the old list creation days, but none are coming to mind.

I don't see why an external drive should matter.

You could duplicate your timeline, strip off the video, consolidate the audio to an internal drive and try again.

Glenn

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 25, 2017 at 12:32:58 am

Try a non ExFat drive. I've had issues with consolidating to ExFat drives. Exporting AAF is a similar operation. If you must use ExFat, export to your desktop and copy it to the drive as a workaround.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]