AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Audio Assignments in Audio Mixer not saving

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Stinson
Audio Assignments in Audio Mixer not saving
on Jun 15, 2015 at 6:28:22 pm

Hey guys, I am an AE creating a template for editors that goes something like this (but with more tracks):

A1: Nat
A2: Nat
A3: Music L
A4: Music R

In the Audio Mixer, I set channels 1 & 2 to center. Channel 3 I set to L pan and 4 to R pan. However, when I close the bin and reopen the Audio Mixer/Tool, all my tracks are centered again (as is default).

How can I save my channel pan assignments for the sequence?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Audio Assignments in Audio Mixer not saving
on Jun 15, 2015 at 7:38:13 pm

Look at audio under settings tab and see if Centered or L-R Alternating is checked. I believe this setting will have some bearing on your issue.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ben Stinson
on Jun 15, 2015 at 7:40:39 pm

That sets the default, whether sequences should start as ALL L to R alternating or ALL centered. Looks like it keeps resettings to the default when the bin closes...

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 16, 2015 at 12:31:49 am

It doesn't just set the default for new sequences. It works every time the bin is opened.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jun 16, 2015 at 8:09:12 pm
Last Edited By Job ter Burg on Jun 16, 2015 at 8:12:49 pm

...or any other sequence with unpanned segments.

The annoying thing is that the default pan is a user setting. So if you are cutting with pan centered by default, and I cut with pan L/R by default, any sequence I open from you will have mono dialogue split across L and R (it defaulted to center when you were working, so no pan is applied to any segment, and the default pan at my end is L/R). If you open any of my sequence, all stereo music I may have cut across two mono tracks will play centered on your end.

It should not be a user setting, but that's what it is.

Also, this is a really good reason to start using stereo tracks for stereo elements, and then set the default pan to center.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jun 16, 2015 at 8:08:13 pm

You cannot pan tracks or default pan tracks. You can only add pan to segments. The default pan setting only applies to how unpanned segments on mono tracks are handled. If any segment on the timeline has a pan value added to it, that pan value will be applied, whether the default pan setting is L/R or centered doesn't matter in that case.

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
on Sep 26, 2017 at 8:11:32 pm

Hi all,

I realize that this post is 2 years old, but this seems related.....
I have an issue with my Audio Tool changing the pans on sequences that I haven't changed them on!

I have set one of my sequences to pan music left and everything else right on a delivery for our composer.
BUT when I load my master, locked sequence, it now has the same pans. I have always been able to have different pan settings on different sequences.

Am I overlooking something?
Any help would be appreciated so that I don't have to keep adjusting pans on sequences for different turnovers.

I'm on Media Composer 8.8.2

Thanks!
Sherril

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]