Major Fonts problem moving between cmputers

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ori Alon
Major Fonts problem moving between cmputers
on Sep 15, 2011 at 4:30:26 pm

Dear Experts,

I have a moajor problem with Bin fonts.
I'm preparing a project for an editor, in my studio, who works at home for a couple of weeks and then comes to our studio to work.
I'm switching computers every other day (for availability reasons here in the studio), and so after defining a bin font in 1 computer, when i move to another I get a different font, although the requested font exists on both computers.
Moreover, I'm preparing bins in "Frame View" so the font has an impact on the way the frames look in the bin. Meaning, after i set font in a bin, preapred it for editing in Frame View, switch to another computer, open the bin - the font changes, hence the frames are now all messed up.
I can solve this by working on 1 computer in the studio, but still there's that period of time when the editor works at home.
Help is much needed - I tried lots of stuff (carying the user with me; saving the "Bin View" setting and moving it between the computers; saving all possible bin/interface/bin view settings in the Site Setting box), but to no avail.
I should add that in on certain comuters here in the studio, the font stays the same, and on others it changes (for no apparent reason, and again, the chosen font is installed on all computer - Arial Black). But when i send the project to the editor at home the bins open with a different font than what i defined.

Again, any suggestion would be blessed.
Thanks,
Ori

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Major Fonts problem moving between cmputers
on Sep 15, 2011 at 5:24:05 pm

Is the font TruType or OpenFace? MAC or PC? Possibly update Video Card Drivers

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ori Alon
on Sep 15, 2011 at 7:50:17 pm

Hey Ricky,

I don't know what was does truetype/open face means.
I'm changing from the default Arial11 to ArialBlack12. All computers are PC including the one at the editor's home.
All of our computers and the home-computer has AMC5.0.3 Legal Software (no cracks or stuff like that of course).

Thanks agai,
Ori

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Sep 15, 2011 at 8:27:31 pm

I'm sorry - I don't think I can help, perhaps someone else can!

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ori Alon
on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:08:22 pm

HELP STILL NEEDED - IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS AN IDEA PLEASE RESPOND.

Thanks in advance,
Ori

Return to posts index

Jody Neckles
on Jan 16, 2014 at 10:08:16 am

Did you ever resolve the issue - I'm having the same problem!

Independent Editor, Technician and Trainer

+44 (0)7738 357 592
jodyneckles@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Mark
on Feb 6, 2018 at 7:35:08 pm

I think the answer is if you plan to share bins between two different Avids, keep the font set to the default appFont.

I've only encountered this problem when the font has been changed in the system where the bin was created. For whatever reason (font ID?) the second system doesn't see the change correctly. Even changing it manually in the second system won't work as the bin reverts to whatever font it has chosen as a substitute.

For anyone wanting to bother with a possible alternative, you can try creating new bins in the second Avid, set the font there, and drag the material out of the original bin into the new one. But that seems like busy work to me -- and I don't guarantee it works, just think it does.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]