AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid Media Composer 6 Blackmagic Intensity Pro?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Avid Media Composer 6 Blackmagic Intensity Pro?
on Sep 1, 2011 at 5:27:34 pm

Was just thinking of getting a Matrox Mini as I am switching from FCP to Avid. Been hearing stuff about MC 6. Not sure if there is much online but it looks like it is increasing 3rd party HW support. Maybe I should hold off and see if my Blacknagic Design Intensity Pro is supported?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Filmmaker
http://www.funkytwig.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Media Composer 6 Blackmagic Intensity Pro?
on Sep 1, 2011 at 5:50:48 pm

Yeah...who knows what third party hardware Avid will support with MC6. They mentioned that they were working to support AJA-BMD-MATROX-MOTU products, but didn't give FIRM word as to what and when. At the Avid event they said that they needed to add a legal disclaimer...that they were STRIVING to add all the new features they were talking about, and hardware support, but cannot say that it was CERTAIN. Because some features or support might take longer than they expected.

If you just need monitoring, and you need Avid now, The MXO2 Mini is great. Need capture? The AJA IO Express is great. But the only way we will know what hardware MC6 supports is when they release it and go "hey, look at what MC6 can do!"

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on Sep 1, 2011 at 6:59:54 pm

Ime just looking at monitoring, think I will wait. Do we know when it will be releases? I have see one article (something like 'will they get back market share') but if you know of any other please holla.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Filmmaker
http://www.funkytwig.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 1, 2011 at 7:54:19 pm

No idea about release date.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Sep 1, 2011 at 9:13:11 pm

I have mo idea on the release date, BUT there is talk (rumor, talk, speculation--all at your own risk) that around or after IBC there could be some sort of release date or maybe just an announcement. IBC is just around the corner, I believe, so maybe in a week or two we'll know more. Hopefully. I personally do not know anything at all, but I'm hoping there is some merit to this speculation.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer
Apple Monitors, Flanders Scientific Broadcast, Panasonic AG-AF100
Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:54:42 pm

[Tim Vaughan] "there is talk (rumor, talk, speculation--all at your own risk) that around or after IBC there could be some sort of release date or maybe just an announcement."
FWIW, I've heard the same thing - there will be an announcement about a month from now. I would expect the actual release date to be 6-8 months away. Just a guess.

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Schwungrad
on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:42:30 am

Looks like Intensity Pro and all Blackmagic cards are now supported, see:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DPandA/125612733822
"All BlackMagic Design Products Now Supported in AVID Media Composer 6!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]