AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

corrupt .mdb (database) file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Stalker
corrupt .mdb (database) file
on Aug 11, 2011 at 3:31:55 pm

We are editing on MC2.6 on HP XW8400 Workstations w/ 3GB Ram, Windows XP Pro 2002, Intel Xeon CPU 5150 @2.66GHz.

Clips on the timeline have started to disappear after an export process crashes and when re-launching software error message indicates that the database that handles the .mxf files is corrupt.

The problem has spread from the original project it occurred with and is now affecting other projects opened on this system. Clips that were playing suddenly show up as media offline.

What are the options? If we simply delte the corrupt .mdb file will we lose access to all the media in the projects? This is a commercial project shot at one facility and brought to us to post on deadline, so losing the entire thing would be very bad.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: corrupt .mdb (database) file
on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:24:55 pm

Just delete the files. Avid will rebuild them. That is actually a trick Assistants use to keep things organized and current. Avid always looks at them, and at the media, always checking. Add media on the finder level (or...desktop level), and Avid says "hey, there's more things here," and updates the file.

Just quit Avid MC, delete the databases, and launch Avid again. And it will rebuild...and take a while depending on how much footage you have.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Herb Ritts
on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:35:59 pm

RecoveryFix for access file recovery utility is trustfully utility to restore your lost and damaged mdb files. You can download this utility to restore your lost files. For more details: http://www.recovery.openmdbfile.net/

To know more read this blog: http://diskdatarecovery.jimdo.com/2011/11/30/resolving-disk-i-0-error-durin...

Return to posts index

Alex Krenvalk
on Sep 6, 2011 at 6:48:52 pm

For working out present condition you may use recovery for access. It has many various features such as working under all popular Windows OS, using modern methods of recovering mdb data. The tool doesn't modify source access data during restoration.

Return to posts index

Stefan Mendel
on Nov 16, 2011 at 10:58:44 am

Hi,

This is advance solution to recover corrupt .mdb files instantly and without any data loss. few days ago i was in trouble due to .mdb corrupt. My one of friend told me about Access Recovery Tool which is design by SysTool Group. I was try it and this software recovery .MDB corrupted files instantly. it can recover password protected files as well. May be this will help you just try it to download click this link http://www.accessdatabaserecovery.org/

Hopefully this will help you!

Thanks,
Stefan

Return to posts index

Marry Wilson
on Jun 5, 2012 at 12:28:46 pm

Access database contains various records in the form of tables which are accessed by the users to retrieve information. The MDB files or the Access database files may get corrupted or damaged due to various defined or unfamiliar reasons. When such corruption occurs in Access database then recovery tool needs to be used to repair the MDB files and retrieve the database. Once i used Kernel for access repair tool which retrieved all my data from a corrupted .mdb file instantly.
for more information - http://www.accessrecoverytool.net

Return to posts index

Allen Wilson
on Jul 4, 2012 at 10:01:02 am

User can download the evaluation copy of RecoveryFix for access repair free of cost from http://www.repairaccess.net/ . The free version works similarly the paid version. The only difference is that free program does not allow the user to save the recovered items, which is possible only with the licensed version of access database repair program. The software supports all versions of MS Access and Microsoft Window. You can also use this tool to recover data from the password protected Access database file, in case you know the password of the specific file.

Return to posts index

Naitik Semwaal
on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:31:14 am

MDB or MS Access database file can be corrupted at any point of time due to numerous factors which have ability to corrupt critical data. A corrupt .mdb file can't be accessed anymore, hence it becomes useless. But if have a valid and regular backup for that .mdb file then we can easily restore it from that backup. But if not then three things can be done to deal with this situation:
  • Try to import the data of corrupt .mdb into a new database file. And see if it gets opened or not.
  • Use Compact and Repair Utility for MS Access database. It is absolutely free but sometimes it does not work with heavy corruption. But still it is mostly recommended.
  • If both above solutions don't work, that point of time a file repair application provided by various software companies would be the best answer.

• MDB file repair fixes the heavy corruption from .mdb files and makes them reusable in just no time. This application is very safe and highly effective.

Return to posts index

Ramend Lonk
    on Apr 18, 2014 at 10:16:15 am

You can try any one:

1. Compact and Repair
    2. Import damage database to a new one

If you have no thought how to do that, you may read this article : http://msofficerecovery.blogspot.com/2014/04/resolving-errors-after-access-...

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
    on May 2, 2017 at 9:45:10 pm

Whole bunch of spam from database recovery tool fans, I guess, but that makes no sense at all. A corrupt media database is not a problem in MC. Simply trash the file (or move it to another location outside of the mediafiles folder), and MC _will_ rebuild the files. As long as no actual mediafiles themselves are corrupt, this rebuild has zero consequences, other than refreshing the database that tells MC where each file currently lives.
    No-brainer. Don't mess with repair tools on Avid media databases.

Return to posts index

John Walker
    on Jul 4, 2017 at 9:46:17 am

take a look at this link, it will show you 5 different method to repair corrupt .mdb file: http://www.repaircrashed.com/ms-access/

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
    on Jul 8, 2017 at 4:37:44 pm
    Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Jul 8, 2017 at 4:46:46 pm

Ok once and for all, save some cash and don't waste you time trying or purchasing any third party software.

Do as was suggested in the previous posts.
    First quit Avid then go to the Avid MediaFiles/MXF Folder, you will find on or more numbered folders.

Look for and delete all of the msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb files that exist.
    Once this is done start up Avid and it will rebuild all of its databases itself.
    This can take a bit of time but Avid does it PROPERLY while most third party software does not and it's FREE.

Avid built this feature into MC at least twenty years ago for a reason.
    No one can afford to have media go offline and so that's why it builds it's own databases and has a built in automatic database rebuild tool.
    I just wish they'd do something about that brutal feature they call AMA Linking and it's constant loss of linking to media.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
    Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
    Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]