AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Speed Ramps

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler Haynes
Speed Ramps
on Jul 31, 2011 at 8:51:55 pm

This is a very simple question. I just don't remember how to do this in AVID. I know in final cut pro, to change the speed, you just select the clip and change the speed. But I can't remember what to do in AVID. I tried Speed Bump and Speed Boost but it doesn't allow me to select which areas I want the effect to happen. Or does it? I know I'm gonna feel silly when I'm reminded what to do.

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
Re: Speed Ramps
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:29:15 pm

I'm at home, so I don't have the software in front of me, but I'll point you to the right terminology and you can use the help files. The effect you are looking for is Time Warp in the effects palette. If you search out "Time Warp" you should be able to find everything you need to know.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:35:28 pm

Ah, yes. Time Warp. Thank you. Can this effect be adjusted? It seems as though I drag and drop this onto the clip and it will adjust the speed for a very short period of time in the middle of the clip. Where do I make the changes that I want?

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:40:07 pm

Apply Timewarp and open your effect editor. It will open the Timewarp editor. Don't apply speed bump or ramp - just timewarp.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:54:23 pm

Hmmm, when I applied the Timewarp effect, and then opened the effect editor, there was nothing in the effect editor. And my timeline-line is over the clip with the effect on it. Does it matter if its rendered or not to adjust it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 31, 2011 at 11:29:00 pm

Well, without going the TIMEWARP route, you load it into the Source monitor, choose IN and OUT points, then do a SPEED EFFECT. Might have to map that option to your keyboard or window layout. Choose the speed you want, and then Avid makes new media with the footage at that speed.

Using the TIMEWARP EFFECT, you have to expand the SPEED window, and adjust the percentage from 100, to whatever. Keyframe it for the cool slow from normal speed to slow motion effect.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
on Aug 1, 2011 at 10:03:49 am

"then do a SPEED EFFECT. Might have to map that option to your keyboard or window layout."

Trying to find this option so I can map it to my keyboard. Where is it located?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 1, 2011 at 5:07:24 pm

In the COMMAND PALATE...I think under OTHER (not in front of an Avid now). Open that, and in your SETTINGS, open KEYBOARD. And drag the button to where you want it to go.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:56:21 pm

Tools->Motion Effect Editor. Click the TimeGraph or the PositionGraph. There you can set keyframes to set ramping positions and speeds.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:57:05 pm

Sorry, FIRST apply the TimeWarp effect from the Effects Palette. Then open the Motion Effect Editor, etc.

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
on Aug 1, 2011 at 6:39:35 pm

Thanks guys! I finally figured it out. And like I thought, it was so simple that I feel retarded that I couldn't figure this out. I appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:06:40 pm

you can do a motion effect match frammed from the real time video or just use timewarp and keyframe it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]