AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid vs FInal Cut

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Barton
Avid vs FInal Cut
on Jul 13, 2011 at 5:44:39 pm

I just have to say that I just downloaded the trial for the new avid composer 5 and Now I suddenly remember why I left 5 plus years ago. found FCP! Avid will not even load onto my new macbookpro due to errors. Whats up with that? I figure after 5 years they will have the bugs worked out but NOT! I suddenly remember why I left in the first place!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Avid vs FInal Cut
on Jul 13, 2011 at 5:54:16 pm

I tried to install FCP on my PC and it wouldn't! Blargh! FCP Suxors!

Seriously, is your system up to the specs? Are you running the right OS? Quicktime version? Graphics card? Avid is very, very specific about your hardware. What specifically is the error you're getting?

If you can't get it to even install, you the installer is corrupted or, more likely, you have an issue with your system.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:02:18 pm

Exactly, check specs, etc. I am writing this as the latest version of Media Composer runs in the background on my 3 year old MacBook Pro.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:35:51 pm

[Bill Barton] "Avid vs FInal Cut"

Bill... Though it's kind of cool to call threads like this these days

Not being able to properly install hardly quallifies as a "Vs" thread

:)

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 14, 2011 at 11:58:14 pm

you left MC v5 for FCP in 1995??
I could see doing that last year but not in '95 when the first version 5 came out.
You are correct though, few steps have been taken to fix bugs in the modern day media composer. We'll see if they step up now that they have a stroke of sheer luck. I'm thinking adobe will own the post production biz a short time from now. We shall see...

Return to posts index

Mike Chedwick
on Jul 17, 2011 at 4:13:15 pm

I think what's up is that you didn't have the common sense to make sure your MBP matched the specs required for MC 5.5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]