AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

P2 import grainy

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom bailey
P2 import grainy
on Oct 11, 2010 at 1:23:42 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to import p2 media into an avid project, I can get it in successfully but the image is grainy and nowhere near as good a quality as when I view it in P2 content manager.

I have tried importing with the project format at 1080i/50 and 720p/25 (I'm not sure of the camera settings when we shot) and set the media creation settings to 1:1 MXF but there is not change in the quality.

Does anyone have any tips of what I could try?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: P2 import grainy
on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:20:03 pm

What's your quality setting? It's a little green / yellow / yellow-green button at the bottom of the timeline. Click on it until it's full green.

Be curious, not judgmental.
Walt Whitman

Return to posts index

tom bailey
on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:18:15 pm

Hi,

Yeh I have tried putting it on full quality playback but to no avail. I had a brainwave though, which was that it may have something to do with the colour space mapping. But I cant see where to set the colour space for imports because the main problem is the definition of colours and blacks in particular but i cant see where to set colour space when importing.

Do you know where to do that? do you think I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Oct 14, 2010 at 12:57:53 pm

When you say import, how are you bringing P2 your system? My workflow uses the File>Import P2> Clips to Bin method. There is no color mapping involved - it is what it is. Maybe your project settings are different from your media settings?

Jon

Be curious, not judgmental.
Walt Whitman

Return to posts index

tom bailey
on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:47:31 pm

Hi Jon, I'm sorry this has taken a long time for me to reply. I have tried variations on project settings and imports but with no results.

Im not entirely sure what the project settings should be ideally? its shot on a panasonic AG-HVX series camera in p2 HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]