AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

jvc camcorder files into Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ovens
jvc camcorder files into Avid
on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:20:29 am

please, how do I import files from a jvc everio, avid says it does not support this file type. I have Avid media composer 3.0 I have tied direct from the camera using a USB connector cable and also by uploading to my computer from the camera and then importing.
Thx

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: jvc camcorder files into Avid
on Oct 11, 2010 at 1:09:17 pm

As strange as this sounds, try using Windows Movie maker. I've had good success with HDV formats. You should get an .avi, and then you can import into MC.

Jon

Be curious, not judgmental.
Walt Whitman

Return to posts index

Peter Ovens
on Oct 13, 2010 at 1:54:17 am

ok what do you mean by import to MC. I have been using movie maker to edit but it is so sssslow! how do I access the clips in movie maker to import to AVID IF THIS IS INDEED THE PROCESS. sorry I am learning all of this.

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Oct 13, 2010 at 3:48:57 am

I'm not saying this is the process. It's a way to get video from cameras not supported by MC. If you've already gotten the file into MovieMaker it should be on your hard drive - probably 'My Movies' or something like that. It should probably also be an .avi, depending on your export settings. MM, as I recall, uses 'high quality', etc. in the import settings. High brings it in as an .avi. Open MC, then your project, and highlight a bin (or create one). Go to File>Import, and navigate to where your .avi is. If the file is not a .avi, you'll either have to re-import to the highest quality setting or use Sorenson to convert to a compatible Avid file.

Your mileage will vary. I've used this method to get some HD-variant stuff from a consumer camera into the Avid. Since I was editing in SD, there wasn't a noticeable difference in quality.

Jon

Be curious, not judgmental.
Walt Whitman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]