AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

EDL Manager TC error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rik Flynn
EDL Manager TC error
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:14:28 pm

Hi

I am looking for some advice regarding EDLs. Every time I output an EDL through EDL Manager the source timecode is listed for each clip as if the TC starts at 00:00:00:00. So for example in a clip where my In point is say 6:33:11:06, in the EDL the clip in point is listed as 00:00:59:01 because my IN point happens to be 59 seconds and 1 frame into the clip.

I am dubious if this is the correct EDL format. If I import the EDL into FCP it will try and find timecode 00:00:59:01 but won't find it in that clip and so just chooses IN point as being the earliest possible frame in the clip.

I read somewhere that you need to give each clip a Tape name for this to work out, but this is one of the only fields which is unmodifiable in Avids bins. But I have given the clips a labroll number and chosen that as ReelID in EDL Manager but that didn't help.

Please help as this is part of an earlier problem I am having trying to get XDCAM EX footage into Color without a gamma or colour space change.

Thank you very much for your time.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: EDL Manager TC error
on Feb 7, 2010 at 6:22:18 pm

Imported files do not have the TAPE MOB needed to generate an EDL in the first place, regardless of which field you use as source. This is something that is being looked into.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]