What changed was I was trying to delete unused media from the project and I hit delete and all media was gone. so I did not do that right. I reimported the media from the external drive by doing Recapturing Reference Clips. they reloaded and are there butit added all new ones to the ones that had no media. The ones with out media I had added info into thier names like foodline as I screened them in order to find what I needed in editing.
as for files they are imported AVI files from an external drive onto my laptop's drive C.
Thanks so much for the Batch Import. I followed the process and Life is Grand. My DVD process now works as well from an earlier post.
I was a linear editor for 30 plus years and the transition to nonlinear is a challenge!
to make a long story short, several places here in the Toronto Canada area still had linear suites, both TV stations. now there is only one until the end of this month where I am doing 4 shifts before they are taken out.
I started in TV at 19.
so now it is the learning curve. editing is no problem, it is all the management things afterwards. and when you delete media.