AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Media Offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ovens
Media Offline
on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:37:25 am

Hi, I'll start off by saying OOPS! My "Media is Offline"
I reimported the video from the external drive and tried a "Relink" but no success.
Help!!!!!

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Media Offline
on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:56:57 pm

Peter,

This could be a number of problems.

What we need to know is if you're working in OMF or MXF media?

Also what changed between when the media was online and now offline?

-Matt

Return to posts index

Peter Ovens
on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:50:41 pm

What changed was I was trying to delete unused media from the project and I hit delete and all media was gone. so I did not do that right. I reimported the media from the external drive by doing Recapturing Reference Clips. they reloaded and are there butit added all new ones to the ones that had no media. The ones with out media I had added info into thier names like foodline as I screened them in order to find what I needed in editing.
as for files they are imported AVI files from an external drive onto my laptop's drive C.
Thanks
Peter

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:01:57 pm

You should be able to select the original clips and do a batch capture for anything that was ingested from tape.

Do the same for the imported files excepts this time do a batch import.

If you need help on the steps you should be able to find them in the MC help files by searching for batch import or batch capture.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Peter Ovens
on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:59:47 am

Hi Matt,
Thanks so much for the Batch Import. I followed the process and Life is Grand. My DVD process now works as well from an earlier post.
I was a linear editor for 30 plus years and the transition to nonlinear is a challenge!
Thanks again

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Terence Curren
on Dec 8, 2009 at 1:42:39 pm

[Peter Ovens] "I was a linear editor for 30 plus years and the transition to nonlinear is a challenge! "

I remember the days of switching over, but I would NEVER go back. Aren't you kind of late to the party here, where were you still editing linear?

Terence Curren
http://www.alphadogs.tv
http://www.digitalservicestation.com
Burbank,Ca

Return to posts index

Peter Ovens
on Dec 9, 2009 at 6:15:45 am

to make a long story short, several places here in the Toronto Canada area still had linear suites, both TV stations. now there is only one until the end of this month where I am doing 4 shifts before they are taken out.
I started in TV at 19.
so now it is the learning curve. editing is no problem, it is all the management things afterwards. and when you delete media.

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:49:24 pm

Glad to hear you're all set.

The thoughts of editing linear are before my time ;)

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]