AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Final output

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ovens
Final output
on Nov 18, 2009 at 9:30:03 pm

Ok I have the project approved, How do I get my sequence from my Avid to the Client's edit system Vegas 8.0.

I can export it as Windows Image NTSC to my external drive, which has all the original material, but Vegas won't open it. do I send it to a DVD and if so what setting in export should I select.
I am learning alot as I go here!
thanks,
Peter

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: Final output
on Nov 19, 2009 at 1:04:16 pm

Why is the client using Vegas to open your project? More editing? Why not export a QuickTime? Vegas handles QuickTime...

Jon

Be curious, not judgmental.
Walt Whitman

Return to posts index

Peter Ovens
on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:33:43 pm

Jon and Kenton, thanks for the education,

it is going into vegas for storage to thier external drive. as far as quicktime movie is that the best quality. DVD's will be made from the Vegas.
Peter

Peter Ovens

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Nov 20, 2009 at 1:02:55 am

The quality of the output depends very little on the wrapper of the file, but does rely on the codec chosen. If you choose a "lossy" codec and a smaller than DV frame size then the file would look bad.

But, truthfully whenever I have to deliver a file to a client I always ask them what kind of file they would like and I do my best to deliver that.

I have one client that is fine with me creating the DVD compliant MPEG-2 file and just delivering that. I have another that like for me to build the DVD's VideoTS folder and then he burns it. So, I'd ask the person you're delivering to what they would require before playing the codec/wrapper guessing game.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

Kenton VanNatten
on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:46:34 pm

[quote]"I can export it as Windows Image NTSC"[/quote]

Windows Image NTSC is a still image by the way.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]