COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Newton
station Specs
on Aug 22, 2009 at 3:48:45 pm

Hey

I have a question regarding tv station specs --- now I deal with PAL --- SD

I got the new station specs and some of them require the following ----

some stations require that the audio has to have four audio channels or something ---

example:-

Audio Channel 1 English
Audio Channel 2 x
Audio Channel 3 English
Audio Channel 4 x

Now the way I always do the tapes are as normal --- but when i look at the digi machine --- it shows only two audio channels active ---- could someone help me out

in addition ---- some stations require the audio to be mono instead of stereo --- again what would i need to do --- as these tapes are given to me ---- when they are already finished ---- so i just make the broadcast tape ----- Please could someone help me out ----

Awaiting for your reply

Regards,

Dan

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: station Specs
on Aug 22, 2009 at 5:06:21 pm

a 3 and 4 channels live on the video track of analog. Just a matter of routing to channels 3 and 4 if laying off to d-beta.
When mono is required, just pan it all to the middle and remix as needed.
As always, every station is different so get it from the horses mouth when in doubt.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: station Specs
on Aug 22, 2009 at 6:37:50 pm

Not sure what you mean by "normal". The DigiBeta has a menu option that can be set to accept either 4 different input channels (analog or digital), or it can be set so that the 1/2 input is "copied" to channels 3 and 4.

So, not sure which one of these you "normally" use.

When they ask for mono, there are multiple ways to deliver that, so they would need to be very specific. For instance, you could deliver a mono track by delivering 2 identical tracks in a 1/2 pair.

ch1: mono mix
ch2: mono mix

Or you could deliver a mono track by putting one mono signal onto one channel of the tape.

ch1: mono mix
ch2: mute

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]