AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid MC 3.0 and system requirements working with HD

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Rubin
Avid MC 3.0 and system requirements working with HD
on Jun 23, 2009 at 10:07:30 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I've had many problems with Avid and HD footage in the past with various systems. I want to make sure that my edit suite is able to work with HD footage or if I'm going to need to upgrade.
We are going to be shooting with the HVX200. I am running Avid MC 3.0. on a PC with Intel Xeon Dual 2.80GHz/2.79GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX600. I realise I'm probably going to have to import the footage in low res for offline.
Does this sound like I may be able to at least offline my footage with this system or if I'm going to need to upgrade?
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks
B. Rubin

Return to posts index

Tom Keith
Re: Avid MC 3.0 and system requirements working with HD
on Jun 24, 2009 at 2:50:08 pm

I am still using AVID Xpress Pro HD and have been shooting 720p on the 200 on the P2 cards. Ingesting the media is no problem. Output to QT is easy, output to tape/DVD is not. Are you useing a mojo? If so which one?

Return to posts index

Brent Rubin
on Jun 24, 2009 at 3:48:44 pm

I do have a Mojo. It's the SD one, it came with Avid Xpress Pro (i think Version 4 something).
I guess as long as I can offline it here I'm okay. Sending to tape I'd have to go to a post house.

Thanks for the help.

Brent

Return to posts index

Tom Keith
on Jun 24, 2009 at 6:53:43 pm

I load my P2 footage onto a hard drive. Connect the HD to my PC and open AVID (make sure you set the correct project type, in my case we shoot 720p/23.976)
In the file menu, go down to 'import P2' and then 'clips to bin' Choose your HD with the media on it.

You should see your footage in your bin. The footage is in DVCpro HD. If you want to make things run faster, 'transcode' the media to DNxHD (AVIDs HD codec) My machine runs much better with DNxHD media. The quality is still high, fine for rough cutting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]