Scrratch Removal & Progressive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hartel
Scrratch Removal & Progressive
on Jun 13, 2009 at 12:20:07 am

Hi guys,

Part problem, part question.

I'm dealing with XDCAM (EX1) footage. Shot 1080p. I'm mostly using the AMA link to edit and will consolidate the final. I'm getting a lot of video blips/drop outs, especially in moving shots. Doesn't seem to matter whether the footage has been consolidated or is just AMA. But when I step through the footage - remember, no fields - I can't see any scratches (they appear horizontally across the entire frame, and usually descend to the bottom of the frame before disappearing as the clip plays). Are these scratches? Video drop outs? Will be a huge job to fix if so, but how do I fix them if I can't see them when I step through the clip frame by frame? Any insights into the problem will be appreciated. Complete answers not expected. Thanks. Paul

Return to posts index

Kris Anderson
Re: Scrratch Removal & Progressive
on Jun 13, 2009 at 1:43:27 am

What sort of image content are looking at? I had some problems with an EX3 shoot at a concert which showed itself as rolling bars down the screen. Is this in the ballpark of what you're experiencing?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 13, 2009 at 3:15:01 am

Are you playing this out to an HD monitor over HD-SDI and seeing this while playing?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Jun 13, 2009 at 5:15:52 am

Yes, I'm watching on an HD monitor, but it's not an HDMI connection; running on a MacPro, so it's the regular connection - it's late, mind blanking.

To other other question, it does happen while playing, and it's more lie a rolling line that rolls down the screen - usually there's a blip somewhere in the line, sort of like a larger dot in an otherwise simple line, that scrolls down the screen horizontally. Never there when the camera has been locked down; only when the shot involves some movement. Yet when I stop the shot - hit the space bar, for ex., and frame step back, the issue doesn't appear.

My concern, of course is that the hit or whatever it is will appear in the final product - ultimately this is going out to the web; you know, it may be illusory; I'll have to check a few low-res exports I did. Even if illusory, it appears to be pretty darn permanent while editing.

P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]