AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Can't boot into MC

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hartel
Can't boot into MC
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:28:14 am

Hey guys, I'm getting this error message when I try to boot into MC.

LogFile_ForMC::LogFile_ForMC() Error [-16777178] unable to: new:LogFile->OpenFile() failed.

And MC won't open. I've gotten around it once or twice by repairing permissions. (I'm on a MacPro 2.66) And once by just shutting down and restarting (a few times in a row as I recall). This time I'm wondering if perhaps there's something I can permanently fix to do away with this issue for good. Something at the Avid level I can fix? I've gone to the Avid Forum over at Avid, but can't remember my password so I thought I'd try here while I wait for them to send me a new one. Thanks.

ap

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Can't boot into MC
on Jun 3, 2009 at 1:17:39 am

Have you tried a full unisntall and reinstall?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on Jun 3, 2009 at 2:09:07 am

In fact I would run the uninstaller scripts. Rename the Media Composer folder to xMedia Composer, and reinstall. Baby with the bath water approach, but I agree with Michael.

Return to posts index

Todd Yonteck
on Jun 16, 2009 at 10:23:28 am

Hey,

I am getting the same message. Tried uninstall and reinstall of MC 3.5.1 and ProTools 8.0cs3. I'll try it with renaming then Media Composer folder.

Were you able to resolve the problem?

Thanks,
Todd

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Jun 16, 2009 at 5:22:42 pm

It still pops up occasionally, and I have to shut down, restart, sometimes repair permissions - I don't know, I just try a few different things, and then I can get back into the program. As soon as I'm done with the project I'm working on I'm just going to wipe the darn drive clean and reinstall everything. I think that should fix this for good.
Keep me posted, and good luck. - Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]