AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

P2 media problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Alexander
P2 media problems
on Feb 26, 2009 at 11:29:01 am

I've a number of problems that I hope someone can help with.

I'm cutting for a client who has been shooting DVCPRO HD on P2 with an HVX200.

His workflow is to copy the cards to hard drive then import into AVID using "clips to bin" and then "media" from the import P2 menu. Fine so far.

He now wants to move from cutting on his desktop media composer to a laptop running xpress which means moving the media from the desktop's attached raid to a portable G-Raid. As there's lots of other media on the system doing this at folder level isn't possible so I'm forced to use the media tool to consolidate to the G-Raid.

Here comes problem number 1:
Although in the bins the master clips show as belonging to the project the media tool finds far fewer master clips than are belonging to the project. Short of consolidating every clip from the bins can anyone think of how I might get the media tool to see all this extra material?

In the mean time I've consolidated what media it did find and now plugged the G-Raid into the laptop and moved the bins to a project on it.

Problem number 2:
Unsurprisingly the clips show up as offline. Working with media I know to be on the G-Raid I try relinking and find the audio relinks but the video doesn't. Using the media tool I can confirm that both audio and video are on the media drive. Can anybody explain this or help resolve it?

Thanks,
Rob

Return to posts index

Olaf Nairolf
Re: P2 media problems
on Feb 26, 2009 at 12:34:35 pm

In your case, I still would try, to copy the files manually to the other harddrive. when you sort the files by date, it should be easy to figure out, which files belong to the project. and you can always use the media tool in avid to help you figuring out, what files belong to the project.

It is a little bit of work, but i think you will be much faster, than figuring out all the problems, that appear, when using other methodes.

hope this helps somehow...

- Olaf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]