open timeline issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Ganzon
open timeline issues
on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:15:57 am

Hi AVID gurus,

I'm using avid media composer 3.0

I've recently shot a few clips in 720p & 720pn. In the avid bin, the clips info says that they are all HD720p/50. My current project is set at 720p/50. The only problem is the clips shot in 720PN doesn't play & can't be mixed in the timeline.

I already tried transcoding to other formats (DNxHD,DVCProHD, VC1-APL2, 1:1/p ) but the transcoding doesn't push thru. It doesn't process the transcoding.

I tried creating a new project with 720p/25 settings & the 720pPN footages played fine, only problem is the other clips don't play & can't be mixed in timeline.

Is there a workaround to this problem? software issues? Do let me know since I really don't wish to reshoot the clips again.

Leo Ganzon
Fulltime Preditor

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: open timeline issues
on Nov 13, 2008 at 12:16:57 pm

Open timeline refers to different formats all playing together as long as they are all the same frame rate - in your case, your format is the same, but the frame rates are different. Is there sync audio? Do you need to keep the 50p footage the same lenth or do you want a 2x slomo when in 25p?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Leo Ganzon
on Nov 13, 2008 at 2:14:21 pm

I quite don't get it, you mean the 720p/50 clips play at 50fps?

I get that the 720p/PN clip plays natively at 25fps but how come the clip settings says that it's 720p/50?

I would really like to keep the slow mo effect of the clip by cranking the camera.

Is there a viable workaround aside from exporting the 720p/PN clips then importing it back to same project?

Leo Ganzon
Fulltime Preditor

Return to posts index

Sekahng Oh
on Apr 11, 2009 at 5:48:53 pm

Has anyone answered this question because I am facing that problem now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]