AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

digitizing problem from BetaSP deck

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Woody Retherford
digitizing problem from BetaSP deck
on Mar 11, 2008 at 10:33:44 pm

I have a big problem since upgrading from AvidDVXpress to Avid Xpress Pro. I use a lot of BetaSp footage and my Keyspan deck control to my Sony PVW-2800 seems to be buggy. Often when digitizing it stops as if there is a TC beak(there isn't)and then skips a few seconds and goes againor in Latin,digititus interuptus.
Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this or is anyone using this type of set-up with no problem?

Return to posts index

Adam Stuart
Re: digitizing problem from BetaSP deck
on Mar 12, 2008 at 2:16:40 am

In settings under the capture heading, make sure near the bottom it is using the TC track instead of the CTL track. If it isn't set to TC then give it a shot and let us know.

Return to posts index

Woody Retherford
on Mar 12, 2008 at 4:24:31 pm

The only setting in "capture settings" I can find that allows me to change track info, TC or control track, is "pre-roll method" which I changed from "Best Available" to "Standard Timecode" but the end result is the same.Is there somewhere else to change this other than in capture window?
Do you know of anyone with this type of capture(analogue BetaSp deck and keyspan for deck control)that works as it should?

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Mar 15, 2008 at 1:02:22 pm

In the deck preferences setting, make sure 'digitize across timecode breaks' selection is checked.

Also, make sure your connections are tight between the deck and the keyspan.

Jon

"So you want to throw out the old you - but the old you is old enough to know it won't make it better"
Del Amitri - "Make it Better"

Return to posts index

Woody Retherford
on Mar 17, 2008 at 10:20:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.I rechecked these settings but to no avail. I even bought a new keyspan 28XG adapter, re-installed the keyspan software and bought a new Avid cable for the RS-422 deck control. It still will digitize for a random number of seconds and then quit and start again.Sometimes it will be only 2 seconds and then maybe as much as 40 sec or more. I will check with Keyspan to see if they have any ideas and try Avid service again(new management, maybe better service).Am I the only one with this problem using XpressPro 5.8? I had a similar set up with XpressDv and before that MediaComposer and no problems(using keyspan adapters and Sony decks).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]