AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid Pan and Zoom flicker proglem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Gordon
Avid Pan and Zoom flicker proglem
on Feb 9, 2008 at 7:36:51 pm

Hi! I've figured out how to work the mechanics of Avid pan and zoom. However, when the photo zooms or pans, a small flicker pops up along horizontal lines, particularly if it is a faster zoom or pan. I'm guessing this is a matter of settings, but I have no idea where to begin to fix the problem!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Avid Pan and Zoom flicker proglem
on Feb 9, 2008 at 8:33:33 pm

In the Avid Pan and Zoom effect make sure you're render setting is set to Highest Quality, and you may want to try Progressive.

Michael.

Return to posts index

James Gordon
on Feb 9, 2008 at 9:02:26 pm

Michael,

Thank you for your quick response. Let me check my settings. But, do you recognize the problem I'm having?

Return to posts index

James Gordon
on Feb 9, 2008 at 9:14:07 pm

I see "Progressive" in the Render Mode, but I don't see a place to set "Highest Quality"...

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Feb 9, 2008 at 9:19:45 pm

I'm not in front of a system right now so I can't check exactly where it's at, but somewhere in the Pan and Zoom effect is a quality setting. Just keeping twirling down the arrows in the effect and all the little fast menus to see if you can find it.

I may end up going to work this weekend--if I do and you haven't found it (or someone hasn't posted another answer) I'll check it out again.

Michael.

Return to posts index

James Gordon
on Feb 9, 2008 at 9:43:58 pm

Okay, I found the AVID Hi Quality setting under FILTERING.
I'm still having some flicker...here are my settings:

Filtering: Avid Hi Quality

Cache: Multi Resolution

Render Mode: Progressive

Return to posts index

James Gordon
on Feb 11, 2008 at 11:08:49 pm

These settings seemed to be a big help. If the resolution of the pics was less than 1000 x 1000 or something like that, I replaced them with a larger picture. That seems to have tamped down the problem, for the most part. Not perfect, but not as distracting as before. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Feb 12, 2008 at 12:43:56 am

Sometimes the lines are just too thin and will vibrate or alias because of interlacing (even if rendering progressive in an interlaced project). I've found that taking the picture into photoshop and adding a .5 guassian blur to it does wonders to fix this, but it also softens the picture a bit.

Glad to hear you're having success with it. If you want an even better plugin to do pans and zooms on pictures, check out StageTools. Their Moving Picture plugin is great with Avid.

http://www.stagetools.com

Michael.

Return to posts index

James Gordon
on Feb 13, 2008 at 6:55:53 am

Michael, thank you for your attention on this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]