AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Upgrading to Avid Xpress Pro 5.7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
editguy
Upgrading to Avid Xpress Pro 5.7
on Aug 21, 2007 at 8:27:27 pm

I have Avid Xpress Pro 5.6.4 and want to update to Avid Xpress Pro 5.7 but is asking me for a PC System ID, which I think is the System ID on the Dongle Tag, then it asks for the PC Serial Number, again, probably the Serial Number on the tag, but then it asks for an Upgrade Key??? How do I get this?

Can anyone help me with directions on how to install AXP 5.7?

Do I have to buy this release(5.7)? Thanks for any help out there, is truly appreciated.

Rogelio

Return to posts index

editguy
Re: Upgrading to Avid Xpress Pro 5.7
on Aug 21, 2007 at 8:29:56 pm

Forgot to mention, I'm running on a MAC. A MacBook Pro(Intel) and a MAC G5 Power PC Quad.

Return to posts index

epontius
on Aug 21, 2007 at 10:08:14 pm

5.7 isn't a free upgrade. In your case it will put you back $50 for the download.

http://www.avidstore.com/us/index.cfm?page=templates/product_grp_index&cate...

Erik

Return to posts index

editguy
on Aug 22, 2007 at 12:10:38 am

Got it, thanks. One last question....

If I have a McBook Pro with no Avid at all, can I install directly Avid Xpress Pro 5.7.3 without any previous versions? Is v. 5.7.3 a stand alone version?

Thanks again,

Rogelio

Return to posts index

epontius
on Aug 22, 2007 at 2:00:09 am

Yes. One of the nice things about the Avid software is you can install the software on multiple systems, your license to run the software is the dongle. These purchase upgrades will usually have a dongle updater which will update the dongle to allow the software to run. The downloads are pretty huge, make sure you've got a nice broadband connection.
You'll need to check your system specs against what is required for the software, which can be found here:
http://www.avid.com/products/xpresspro/specs.asp

Erik

Return to posts index

avidpurple
on Aug 22, 2007 at 12:42:49 pm

Each time you get an update of the Avid software it is a self contained full installation so yes, you can install 5.7.3 without installing previous versions. If you later download an update, make sure you do an uninstall of the old before installing the new. Also, make sure you download the Read Me file and actually read through it. If you have never updated your dongle before it helps to read the instructions. Good luck and I have to tell you it is fun running Avid on an Intel Mac.

Return to posts index

editguy
on Aug 23, 2007 at 5:19:55 pm

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]