AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid history lesson?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parker C
Avid history lesson?
on Jun 20, 2007 at 12:40:00 am

I see there has been a lot of talk about BCC glow and using it as a transistion lately.

Maybe someone who has a decent history with Avid can help me out. I'm working on a Media Commposer version 11.0.6 on a G4 running OS 9.2.2

I realize this is ancient in the computer world (the avid was registered in 2002). So my question is this:

When I try and recreate some of these glow effects using the Boris plug-in I have, it looks nothing like what these tutorials look like. I have used Sapphire in the past and those glows look closer to what is in the tutorials. Does this older version of BCC that I have work differently from the newer ones? It's "glow" just seems to be making a slightly transparent duplicate of the image and offsetting it.

I would just like to know if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm essentially attempting the impossible.

Thanks for any incite into this.

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: Avid history lesson?
on Jun 20, 2007 at 2:41:47 am

the BCC glow for meridien based Avids is quite differnt than the new one. All the controls handle the same but the result is all posturized. I highly recomend sapphire plugins, man. The filmeffect alone is worth it.
that said, you can fake a glow the same way as the tutorial. You can use a color effect ofr the brightness and saturation then nst a resixe effect on there and animate the defocus. Not erfect but works great if you ar without a decient effcts pallette.

Return to posts index

parker C
on Jun 20, 2007 at 4:43:52 am

Thanks for the tip. Believe me, if I was in charge of the checkbook, I'd be all saphire'd out. I'm just glad I'm not going crazy using this craptastic BCC Glow.

thanks again.

Return to posts index

grinner
on Jun 20, 2007 at 12:09:53 pm

did ya try the poor man's glow yet?

Return to posts index

parker C
on Jun 20, 2007 at 10:06:13 pm

yeah man, that looks pretty good. at least in my offline world i live in. it's at least a better representation of what i'm looking for for the online guys.

thanks man, nice work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]