AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Colour Grading Courses in Australia???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dale
Colour Grading Courses in Australia???
by
on Jan 23, 2007 at 6:15:42 am

Hi, does anyone know of any courses in Australia that specifically relate to colour grading?
there are loads of film and tv courses out there but my level of experience doesn't require
to learn all the basic "how to switch the camera on stuff". any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

dale...

Return to posts index

toptop1200
Re: Colour Grading Courses in Australia???
on Jan 23, 2007 at 4:03:20 pm

I know you're looking for a course, but if you'd consider a book instead I can recommend 'Color Correction for Digital Video' by CMP Books. It's part of the DV Expert series. Just start at the beginning and work through the examples. That's how I learnt. I actually had to read it twice because color correction's one of the things I had difficulty getting my head round.

It's pretty comprehensive covering scopes, setup, monitor calibration, secondary color correction, mattes, etc., etc.

I know it's not a course, but it's probably a lot cheaper and you'll likely end up learning just as much anyway (and no I don't work for the company, nor do I have any affiliation with the authors).

The only thing with doing this is obviously you'll need a system to practice on... If you want any advice about plug-ins for the more advanced stuff (if you're working on Xpress Pro or Adrenaline for example), just put up a post saying so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]