AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

24p in Avid Express Pro v.5.6.4 issues...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
now the world don't moooove....
24p in Avid Express Pro v.5.6.4 issues...
on Jan 22, 2007 at 9:41:34 am

I am setting up a project in Avid Express Pro v5.6.4 shot at 23.98fps (1080i) with a Sony HDW-F900 Cine-Alta HDCAM.
The deck I have rented for capturing is a Sony J-H3. As I am creating my project, I am finding it impossible to match these specs EXACTLY. And no variation (capturing at 24p NTSC for example) is working.

After reading just about every damn thing googlesearchable in the last 24 hours, I am fearful that although I can cut this project in Express Pro, I may have to do all my digitizing in Adrenaline or Nitris. And since I don't know anyone at any facilities that may let me do the diging, I am thinking my only options may be to rent space or equipment. NOT an option I am interested in taking to the film's producer b/c of budgetary constraints.

I AM GETTING TO THE QUESTION....SO, I am here looking for one of two things. (1) Is there anyone out there who has run into this situation (or one similar) and who may be able to tell me the best way, if it's possible at all, to set up this project correctly. OR (2)
Is there anyone who wants to sell me on why I should just cut in FCP HD -- which I DO NOT know, but am told that coming from Avid will be so much easier and more straight forward...

HELP!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]