AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

PMM INSUFFICIENT MEDIA

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parker C
PMM INSUFFICIENT MEDIA
on Dec 21, 2006 at 6:01:29 pm

I've decomposed a sequence with 60 frame handles, and then re-dig'ed the new clips. Everything Digitized fine, but when I went back to the timeline to watch it, there was no picture, and instead in the viewer window, I got the error code PMM INSUFFICIENT MEDIA.

I tried relinking both the clips and the timeline, and neither seemed to work.

Any ideas what this is?

Return to posts index

grinner
Re: PMM INSUFFICIENT MEDIA
on Dec 21, 2006 at 8:30:29 pm

what soft ware are ya runnin? some odler software wont let ya mix resolutions and it sounds like your slate or somthing may still be at a different rez than the newly batched footage.

Return to posts index

parker C
on Dec 21, 2006 at 10:28:31 pm

I'm on Media Composer 11.0.6 Mac.

Someone told me it may be becasue I modified a clip. I did have to change a clips time code, because the handles I had given teh clips for the decompose were too long and it went over a timecode break and wouldnt' capture.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 22, 2006 at 3:34:15 am

[parker C] "I'm on Media Composer 11.0.6 Mac.

Someone told me it may be becasue I modified a clip. I did have to change a clips time code, because the handles I had given teh clips for the decompose were too long and it went over a timecode break and wouldnt' capture."

Yep. I have seen this before. This is your problem. Never do that.

In the future, just skip that clip...leave that clip offline and "manually" digitize a new one, then edit it into the sequence.
You can set your timeline to display offline clips in red to make it easy to find.

Return to posts index

Wes Plate
on Dec 26, 2006 at 1:44:29 am

You can isolate the problem clip by duplicating your sequence, then...

- in the duplicate, mark an in point at the head of a clip approx. half-way through the sequence. Now name this sequence "Sequence a"
- duplicate "Sequence a" and name the new sequence "Sequence b". Open "Sequence b", go to the in-point, move back one frame, mark and OUT and then go to the head of the sequence and mark an IN. Now LIFT out this marked half of the sequence.
- open "Sequence a", go to the end of the sequence and mark an OUT then LIFT out this half of the sequence.

Does "Sequence a" play? Does "Sequence b" play?

Let's assume "Sequence a" plays but "Sequence b" does not.

Duplicate "Sequence b", then...

- in the new duplicate, mark an in point at the head of a clip approx. half-way through the sequence. Now name this sequence "Sequence b1"
- duplicate "Sequence b1" and name the new sequence "Sequence b2". Open "Sequence b2", go to the in-point, move back one frame, mark and OUT and then go to the head of the sequence and mark an IN. Now LIFT out this marked half of the sequence.
- open "Sequence b1", go to the end of the sequence and mark an OUT then LIFT out this half of the sequence.

Does "Sequence b1" play? Does "Sequence b2" play?

Let's assume "Sequence b1" plays but "Sequence b2" does not.

Duplicate "Sequence b2", then...

- in the new duplicate, mark an in point at the head of a clip approx. half-way through the sequence. Now name this sequence "Sequence b2a"
- duplicate "Sequence b2a" and name the new sequence "Sequence b2b". Open "Sequence bb2", go to the in-point, move back one frame, mark and OUT and then go to the head of the sequence and mark an IN. Now LIFT out this marked half of the sequence.
- open "Sequence b2a", go to the end of the sequence and mark an OUT then LIFT out this half of the sequence.

Does "Sequence b2a" play? Does "Sequence b2b" play?

Get the idea? Keep breaking the sequence in half, pretty quickly you will isolate the problem clip.

-- Wes Plate

Automatic Duck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]