AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Why did my dvd turn out jumpy?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coolrachel
Why did my dvd turn out jumpy?
on Dec 18, 2006 at 10:30:42 pm

So I exported an 80 minute movie from avid in a quicktime movie file and transfered it to disc through Nero but it came out all bouncy. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it came out that way? What is a better way to export that is good for Nero?

Return to posts index

MichaelP
Re: Why did my dvd turn out jumpy?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 12:34:10 am

What do you mean by bouncy? Does it skip? If so it probably means the data rate was set to high. Lower the data rate and try again.

Michael

anything 24fps

Return to posts index

maverick13
on Dec 19, 2006 at 7:27:39 pm

Do a search of the forum regarding burning DVDs. It sounds like you have a fielding problem. I seem to recall that you can take reference movies into Encore for some reason. As long as I make a ref movie from a mixed down (audio and video) track with no filler on it, I get good results with whatever encoder I use.

Return to posts index

coolrachel
on Dec 19, 2006 at 8:58:43 pm

what i mean by jumpy is that there are no straight lines on the video. each line looks like a wiggling diagonal etcha-scetch line. i had it on 720x480 and rgb and single field. Help!

Return to posts index

maverick13
on Dec 20, 2006 at 2:40:45 pm

Any movie you export to make an NTSC-DVD from should be interlaced, lower field first. Single fielding is probably your biggest problem.

Return to posts index

promoboy
on Dec 20, 2006 at 11:23:22 pm

Exactly. If you're sending out single field you're only getting half the resolution and will have nasty stairstepping all over the place. I bet it looks really bad when there's fast horizontal action like when the camera pans!

If you're in NTSC: Duplicate your sequence, do a video mixdown of your duplicate, export the mixdown lower field first, interlaced, then try to burn a disc. Let us know how it goes.

If you're PAL: Duplicate your sequence, do a video mixdown of your duplicate, export the mixdown upper field first, interlaced, then try to burn a disc. Let us know how it goes.

Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]