AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

MOJO vs. Other breakouts

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamibo
MOJO vs. Other breakouts
on May 19, 2006 at 5:46:07 pm

Looking to add Xpress Pro to my home system, which current runs FCStudio. I'm wondering if the AJA IOla I have will work with Avid. I see that it is basically designed with FCP in mind, but it basically does the same function of the Mojo. Doesn't it?

I'm hoping I can use tat for any non-firewire imports/exports.... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

Dave Schweitzer
Re: MOJO vs. Other breakouts
on May 19, 2006 at 6:40:33 pm

While I strongly believe Avid will not play with the Io directly, I think you could potentially use it to digitize analog video (BSP? VHS?) to Avid Codec'd QTs that would fast import into Xpress Pro. IF the Io will let you select a codec to use when digitizing, choose Avid DV or Avid 15:1s. The ugly caveat to this is Xpress Pro won't read the embedded TC info on its own. I've seen many posts here and on the Xpress Pro Mac forums over on the Avid site which explain how to use Sebsky Tools (free) to create a bin in FCP, then batch import the QTs into XPro with TC intact.
Of course the Mojo will give you hardware acceleration allowing for more realtime streams, plus the ability to work in D1-sized uncompressed Avid 1:1 resolution for much cleaner titles and chroma keys.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 20, 2006 at 2:46:34 pm

the I/O will NOT work with the AVID software - neither will ANY MANUFACTURER's product - AJA, Blackmagic, Aurora, Convergent Design - NONE WORK. If you want to use a firewire converter (like a Canopus) to go in DV25, that's another story - but WHY ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 22, 2006 at 3:01:12 am

Yeah, Avid is very finicky about what they have working with their stuff. Their stuff and ONLY their stuff works with their stuff.

Shane

Alokut Productions
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on May 24, 2006 at 5:25:50 pm

What STUFF ? The stuff dreams are made of, or that other thing that looks like dust ?

Anders

Xraid-Xserve-Xsan-Xeverything

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]