AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

MEDIA DATA BASE NOT REBUILDING!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick
MEDIA DATA BASE NOT REBUILDING!
on Jul 12, 2005 at 4:27:41 pm

I am posting on behalf of our Commercial dept. Their Avid is not doing well and they have issues with assurance. In the meantime they are hoping that some users on the cow can help.

The system is a Avid Adrenaline v2.02 running on an HP 3.06 2gb ram with XP pro v2 service pack 2

Avid drives 280 gb 4x73

Here is the info with the trouble prompts as sent to me. Let me know if you need more info and thanks.

b

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
Re: MEDIA DATA BASE NOT REBUILDING!
on Jul 12, 2005 at 4:39:39 pm

The following may be able to resolve this issue as there are two database files involved, both .mdb and .pmr

First clear the system of all media databases. The easiest way to do so is to do a desktop level search for any files named msm*.*

This will recover the msmMMOB.mdb and msmFMID.pmr files- which are databases responsible for tracking the intake and export of all media or media relatives. These files can easily become corrupt and it is recommended that you refresh them every few weeks.

Once you have deleted all MSM files, relaunch the Avid program. On Adrenaline and Xpress Pro the corrupted media will be quarantined when the databases are rebuilt...on Media Composer, Symphony and Xpress they will be marked with a "+" sign and appear at the top of your list inside the OMFI folder.

Once the databases have finished rebuilding- delete any "+" or quarantined media- delete and rebuild those databases once more- then recapture or reimport anything that was corrupted.

Return to posts index

kevin
on Jul 13, 2005 at 1:46:10 pm

also, if your are running an antivirus program, disable it while runing the avid program. I used to get those type of messagess when ever the antivirus program was ruunning.

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
on Jul 14, 2005 at 10:14:45 am

Very true Kevin. I had the same problem with Norton and Premier Pro. Used to work fine even with realtime file scanning but a change in Norton at some point meant I had to disable AV use during editing.

Return to posts index

andy garcia
on Jul 24, 2005 at 9:31:34 pm

posted this a few weeks ago.

Name: andy garcia
Date: Jul 8, 2005 at 5:26:58 pm
Subject: Re: adrenaline error database

have you tried dumping your data base. If that doesn't work. Does it keep coming up saying something about problem with one of them.

what i did when i had this problem is........ wait for it, this will take you while.

go into your drive and put an x in the omfi folder, create a new folder and name it what ever your old omfi folder was call.
then drag (250 at a time) your media over to this new folder. you will need to boot up the avid programme each time you make a transfer.
if you reduce the avid programme each time you come to make the transfer it will reduce the boot up time.
also only transfer media NOT the old data bases or creative folders.
In doing this for some reason the avid can create a new data base file and also it will find any currupted media files that also might be causing you problems.
This does work, but can take a bloody long time as I found out last week when I had to transfer 22,000 files.

Note for self: must partition Medea terra drive into to 4.

good luck!

PS. if this isn't what you are having a problem with, then I haven't got a clue.

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on Aug 1, 2005 at 3:51:56 pm

[andy garcia] "what i did when i had this problem is........ wait for it, this will take you while.

go into your drive and put an x in the omfi folder, create a new folder and name it what ever your old omfi folder was call.
then drag (250 at a time) your media over to this new folder. you will need to boot up the avid programme each time you make a transfer.
if you reduce the avid programme each time you come to make the transfer it will reduce the boot up time.
also only transfer media NOT the old data bases or creative folders.
In doing this for some reason the avid can create a new data base file and also it will find any currupted media files that also might be causing you problems.
This does work, but can take a bloody long time as I found out last week when I had to transfer 22,000 files. "

I have been off on vacation so I am late in getting a update to this. This was done by our creative team and to great success. They were able to locate a currupt file or two. Ity did take long but was worth it. Thanks all for the help!! LONG LIVE THE COW!!!

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]