AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

exporting and importing with After Effects.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh J. Johnson
exporting and importing with After Effects.
on Feb 1, 2007 at 9:59:41 pm

Anybody I've read and seen and tried so many different methods I'm using dv does anybody have any info on the best settings to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: exporting and importing with After Effects.
on Feb 2, 2007 at 12:38:51 pm

Are you running into problems? If you are, please give us more details. In general, I export same as source quicktimes (if Avid and AE are on the same machine, you can use QT reference files). For export out of AE, I use animation CODEC.

Jon

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Feb 2, 2007 at 2:41:30 pm

Well I export to a different machine as well as the same one. I've noticed a change in color it seems my video gets a little grain to it and loses some darkness of the color. Could you tell me your exact settings.

Thank you

Return to posts index

maverick13
on Feb 2, 2007 at 8:50:08 pm

What format video are you starting with? I can imagine you losing some color and gaining grain if you export as DV.

As Jon mentioned, try exporting a Quicktime reference movie from Avid. Unless you collect the necessary media files, the reference movie will only work on the computer it's created on. The settings are somewhat self-explanatory. I'd try exporting at native dimension. When you import into After Effects, check to make sure the file is interpreted correctly (does AE show the correct pixel aspect ration and field ordering?). When you export you final file, choose the Animation codec with appropriate alpha channel settings. That will create a file you can take to any computer.

Return to posts index

Josh J. Johnson
on Feb 3, 2007 at 9:21:39 pm

Thanks, I use digital video but thus far I export either qt ref or qt movie would you suggest always use native dimension and codec boxed checked?

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Feb 4, 2007 at 2:30:06 pm

Using the native settings out of the Avid will give you the most pristine, unmessed with video. Using QT ref will give you the highest quality - with the caveat you have to use the Q ref file on the same machine. The QT reference file uses the OMFI media files to play video. If you have external media drives, you'll notice them flash as you play the file. When you bring it into After Effects, you'll be using the OMFI files wrapped in a QT file. You'll only have a self contained QT file when you render your project out of After Effects.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]