AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

exporting video from timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff
exporting video from timeline
by
on May 17, 2006 at 11:18:10 pm

Today I was trying to make a quicktime I could use on my computer from an avid express system.
I marked an in and out point and highlighted the layers i wanted exported. Then I used export quicktime file. When the quicktime was viewed from the avid on an ntsc monitor it looked grainier. I am more familiar with FCP and have been having trouble transporting video files in a manner that preserved their quality.
This footage is going to be taken from a pc based system onto fcp or ae on a mac. I need to remove certain objects from the footage and transfer it back to the avid. It's a feature length comedy.

thanx,

jeff

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: exporting video from timeline
on May 18, 2006 at 4:31:54 am

What were your settings? What version of Quicktime do you have?

Return to posts index

jeff
by
on May 19, 2006 at 12:40:38 am

That's what I need to know, so it is correct. Like stated previously I'm not too familiar with avid. Is there an option for animation codec or uncompressed. How do I export it. Start forward question.

thanx,

jeff

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on May 29, 2006 at 3:12:51 am

Well, I still would like to know what you've tried. It's much easier to troubleshoot something when we start with the basics.

Are you usings QT reference or self-contained QT?

What are the settings you started out with? There are many ways to export. QT reference is the preferred if you are encoding on the same machine.

Jon

Return to posts index

jeff
by
on May 29, 2006 at 11:04:55 am

I'm sorry I've got so many proplems going on at once. The version of quicktime on the p.c. based mac is not the fully updated version since it is not on the web for obvious reasons. i don't know if it would be wise to just use these exported quicktimes as reference and lay in the composite with an alpha in the original avid timeline. Unfortunetly they can't find the manual, that would be a big help. I'm also having trouble importing graphics with an alpha i created in ae. (uncompressed, unmatted, animation, .mov, etc) it seems fine but it look jagged on the very small ntsc viewing monitor. i'm not sure if it's because of the size of the monitor or not. (two c's for closed caption) i've been importing i guess OMF, which is just a container for the file? at 1:1 uncompressed. I know there is a setting for self contained and non self contained in fcp but ill have to explore the avid.
it's been a while since i've used an avid.

thanks for the help so far,

jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]