News: JMR Puts Mac Pro and Mac mini on Steroids at NAB NY
(New York, NY--November 10, 2016) JMR Electronics will showcase their new line of award winning, Thunderbolt™ certified, Lightning™ Desktop and Rackmount workstations for the Apple Mac Pro® and Mac mini® computers, and ProBrackets for the Mac Pro, at this year's NAB NY event on Nov. 9th - 10th, at the Javits Convention Center in NY, NY in Booth 1256.
Come see why DITs, DPs, studios, broadcasters, post houses and the like are lining up to see how JMR has added performance, capacity, flexibility and durability to Apple's work horses. The Thunderbolt™ certified workstations are ideal for workflow applications ranging from on-site ingest to studio operations.
JMR's Bill Berry will be on-hand to answer your questions in Booth 1256 or you can see working models at the B&H - The Studio in Booth 1333.
JMR Mac Pro Desktop and Rackmount Workstations
• FOUR PCIe expansion slots (Thunderbolt connected to the Mac), all x16 physically, connected to TWO of the three available Mac Pro Thunderbolt I-O buses – this allows two separate 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt bridge connections for greater bandwidth than any product using just one Thunderbolt connection.
• Built-in 460W power supply to power PCIe cards and disk drives.
• Boost cooling for the Mac Pro provided by 120mm quiet cooling fan directly behind the Mac.
• Boost cooling for the disk drives and installed PCIe cards provided by dual quiet fans behind the drives.
• Front or rear panel I-O panel providing GbE; HDMI; USB3; audio ports (same panel can mount to front or rear panel, all hardware and cabling provided as a subassembly and factory installed).
• Remote ON-OFF power switch for the MacPro, right on the front panel – this is not an AC power line break, it’s a mechanism that utilizes the original Mac on/off power switch, but remotes it to the front.
• The -3 and -8 models include disk-ready RAID storage subsystems (SAS/SATA-3, 6 Gbps) and installed ATTO ExpressSAS RAID controller, prewired, configured and tested (the RAID card occupies one PCIe slot).
• The “DTMP” (Desktop) models include desktop/deskside “tower” attached feet and handles for easy, non-tip operation and carriage.
• The “RMMP” (Rackmount) models include adjustable rack mount slides, nothing extra to buy.
JMR Mac mini Desktop and Rackmount Workstations
Desktop Mac mini Model
• The JMR Mac mini Desktop is a unique, all new desktop/DI cart complete workstation.
• The Mac mini installs via an easy slide-in sled from the rear, and the Lightning provides front-panel USB3 and audio I/O and media card reader, while the rear panel provides all other Mac connections.
• An internal Thunderbolt controller and 2-slot PCIe (x8 full-height slots) expander with an internal 6Gb SAS RAID controller are standard, as well as eight 3.5” hot-swappable disk drive bays to provide up to 64TB of native disk storage capacity (RAID 0/1/4/5/6/40/50/60).
• The Desktop/cart unit will have an optional 9” LCD flip-up monitor (released soon) which connects via Thunderbolt to the Mac and may be added or removed in the field without tools. Perfect for ingest and dailies, the Lightning is very portable and quiet in operation, cooled by a whisper quiet, low-speed centrifugal blower in a removable module.
• The portable desktop model has an attractive locking, ventilated and hinged front door to prevent accidental disk drive removal or theft, and a Kensington lock slot.
Rackmount Mac mini Model
• The 2U rackmount workstation is ideally suited for DI carts or machine room operations.
• The Mac mini installs after removing the easy slide-off top cover, and the Lightning provides front-panel I-O connections for USB3, audio, GbE and HDMI as well as a media card reader, while the rear panel provides all other Mac connections.
• The Mac’s on-off power switch is remotely operated from the front panel.
• An internal Thunderbolt controller and 2-slot PCIe (x8 full-height slots) expander with an internal 6Gb SAS RAID controller are standard, as well as eight 2.5” hot-swappable disk drive bays to provide up to 32TB of native SSD disk storage capacity (RAID 0/1/4/5/6/10/40/50/60).
JMR ProBracket For Mac Pro
• JMR's ProBracket’s unique family of mounts allows for the quick, convenient mounting of the Mac Pro, with I-O ports readily available or hidden.
• All brackets include cable management and secure integrated straps that hold the computer in place, along with rubber gasketed “cradles” that protect them from vibration and scratches.
# # #
About JMR Electronics
JMR is a leading value provider and systems integrator of scalable storage systems for high performance and capacity driven applications for multiple markets including; video and post-production, military and government, education, VOD, DCC, gaming, security, medical imaging, HPC and Web 2.0. Since 1982, JMR’s reliable and innovative RAID systems are proudly made in the U.S.A., manufactured entirely from their Chatsworth, California facilities. JMR’s complete line of affordable Lightning™ storage products; SilverStor™ SMB focused products, and BlueStor™ Cloud-ready rackmount and desktop solutions are built to handle the most demanding project needs for A/V centric markets. Reliability. Innovation. Performance. This is JMR. For further information, please visit http://www.jmr.com