FORUMS: list search recent posts

NAB 2014 advice

COW Forums : NAB Show

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
NAB 2014 advice
on Mar 29, 2014 at 4:44:33 pm

Hi -
no list. Just my very very brief summary and advice for those attending NAB 2014 if you are in the post production or graphics field.

1) comfy shoes, and lots of water (the usual advice everyone else gives)
2) go to every booth in the South Lower Hall (and AVID upstairs).

That's it. Forget the rest of the show. In addition to the usual Adobe, Autodesk, AJA, Blackmagic, and
every storage company you can think of, not hitting the small booths (like Imagine Products, Corning, etc) is just foolish. There is innovation in every corner, and many of these new cool companies can't afford a big fancy booth like Adobe.

When someone will ask me "did you see the new Sony XYZ" - I will say "no", but I will say "but I did see
26 other amazing new innovations that I can actually afford and use in the next couple of months".

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: NAB 2014 advice
on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:29:14 pm

I was wondering when Bob would chime in about NAB....always a good read.

However, if you also do production work, Central Hall is full of cool little gadgets and inventions that are just too cool. I have to pull double duty so comfy shoes are good advice.

Hope to run into you this year again, Bob.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Mar 30, 2014 at 1:39:47 am
Last Edited By Ralph Hajik on Mar 30, 2014 at 1:43:42 am

Hi Bob,

It's always nice to see a post from Bob. Are you back from time travel? Have you been to NAB 2014 and back already? I know you won't tell us anything because we have to see it for ourselves. Right?
I hope to see you at NAB.

Happy Travels
Ralph Hajik
http://www.RJTravelMedia.com

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Mar 31, 2014 at 8:19:59 pm

I agree with Bob - the South Lower is the place to be and where I'll be working on Mon and Tues in the AJA booth :) I make most of my living in post and if you're the same South Lower is the place to be.

But the Central Hall is where my heart is because I actually like shooting much more than cutting. The Central Hall is where you're gonna see (usually in very cool, 4K screening rooms) all the various types of footage you'll soon be posting from all the big names like Sony (massive booth), Panasonic, Canon, ARRI etc. plus there's a ton of little guys with crazy cool gadgets and solutions. Red is the only major camera company who isn't in Central - they have a substantial presence in South Lower.

If you do any type of post sound work you'll also want to check out Central as most of the sound related companies are there and NOT in South.

Have Fun!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Alex Dorrier
on Apr 1, 2014 at 3:27:22 pm

Hi Rich,

Do you normally go for the SMART Pass for the conference? Or do you only opt for the Post-Production World package? I'm really only interested in the PPW workshops and the main floors which I believe I will have access to with the PPW pass.

Just trying to see what the benefits of the SMART Pass would be in comparison to the stand alone PPW pass.

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]