ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator Pro constantly crashing in Creative Cloud 2015

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Wallace
Invigorator Pro constantly crashing in Creative Cloud 2015
on Aug 27, 2015 at 9:09:14 pm

Ever since I upgraded to CC2015 and the latest cut of Invigorator Pro, I am getting constant crashes when I close out of the Invig Pro project window to go back to After Effects. It seems to be happening the most when I'm using texture maps, reflection maps and bump maps. It doesn't seem to matter if the map is coming from an image or a layer map. Anyone else having these issues? Before the upgrade Adobe and Zaxwerks seemed to work really well with each other. Now, not so much. Any advice how to make this stop?

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
Re: Invigorator Pro constantly crashing in Creative Cloud 2015
on Sep 1, 2015 at 7:43:52 pm

Hi Cliff,

I'm sorry to hear your getting crashes. We've had a couple users on windows machines that are running into the same issues. Are you also running a windows machine? We are currently working on a fix, but In order to find a solution quicker it would be helpful to get more information.

Please email me at support(at)zaxwerks.com with this info:
1. Computer Specs
2. If the program crashes please send me the crash logs:

Windows Instructions
1. Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
2. Select Event Viewer
9213_image001.png.zip

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column

9214_image002.png.zip

4. Copy the text on the General tab.
5. Open Notepad, paste the text, and then save the log as .txt.
6. Or you can take a snapshot of the entire screen and save as a .jpg file.
Steps to take a screen shot:
a) To take a screen shot, press the "Prt Scr" key on your keyboard when you encounter this error.
b) Then go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint.
c) Paste the screen captured there by pressing "Ctrl+V" or Alt+Edit+Paste.
d) Save the file as a .jpeg and then send it to us for analysis.
7. Send the log (.txt or .jpg) to me as well as the project that you were working with.

3. Please send me any project files that you are working with when you receive the crash.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Alex Dow
Tech Support/Customer Service
Zaxwerks

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Sep 1, 2015 at 9:20:24 pm

I'm working on Mac and it crashes on pretty much any project that I try to add a layered or image texture to or if I try to change an existing texture with a different layered or image file. I also have been having the same issues with bump maps too. Where should I email the info and files?

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
on Sep 1, 2015 at 9:53:03 pm

Please email support(at)zaxwerks.com

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Oct 15, 2015 at 9:41:47 pm

Has there been any resolution to this issue? My Invigorator Pro still crashes when I try to use the Layer Maps function. It doesn't do it every time, but does it often enough to make the product almost unusable. Some help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
on Oct 15, 2015 at 10:17:35 pm

Hi Cliff,

We've found that some user's graphics cards are causing the issue. Inside of the setup window go to Help > Preferences...

Uncheck the item named "Use GL Shaders in Draft Mode".

Also what are your system specs?

Thanks,
Alex Dow
Tech Support

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Nov 19, 2015 at 11:11:27 pm
Last Edited By Cliff Wallace on Nov 20, 2015 at 3:58:49 pm

Hi Alex,

Sorry, just remembered this. I tried your suggestion, but still had the same result. Any other suggestions?

My computer's specs are:

Mac Pro running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
2.7 Ghz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB of 1866 MHZ DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D5000 3072 MB Graphics card

Return to posts index

Alex Dow
on Nov 20, 2015 at 7:41:53 pm

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the info. What specific steps are you doing when the program crashes? Are you just simply applying the plug-in and it crashes?

Thanks,
Alex Dow
Tech Support / Customer Service
Zaxweks
alex(at)zaxwerks.com

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Nov 20, 2015 at 7:52:34 pm

No, it happens after I apply an image or layer map to a texture and apply it to the model in the edit window. It always crashes when I click out of the Zaxwerks edit window back into After Effects. It hangs up for a few seconds like it's trying to render the image preview, then crashes After Effects. It's very consistent in doing that and does it whether I apply an image or use a layer map assigned from the comp. Doesn't matter.

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Nov 20, 2015 at 8:19:14 pm

Something I just noticed is that when applying the layer map or picture map to the texture I was selecting "Absolute Color" and when I left it on "Standard Color" it didn't crash. Then I selected "Absolute Color" and it crashed again. So maybe the issue is found in that process. FTR, I use "Absolute Color" most of the time because I want the texture to be true to the image I'm mapping.

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Jan 18, 2016 at 11:20:39 pm

Checking in to see if there has been a fix for this yet. The work-around that we talked about a couple of months ago (using it in Ray Tracing Mode) isn't having any effect on my current project. Still getting crash after crash. Please help!!!

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Jan 22, 2016 at 5:02:43 pm

So, nothing? No response? I have projects that have to get done and I need solutions. The work around doesn't always work. Need help here.

Return to posts index

Max Power
on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:21:56 am

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, only with pro animator.

I did manage to work around it and this works more often than not.

While you are in the edit mode inside of Zaxwerks invigorator go to "save scene as" and save the seen as a native Zaxwerks file. If it crashes on you at least you're not starting from square one again. If it does crash restart after effects. Clear out your AE files by going to: edit, preferences, general and then click the reveal preferences in Explorer button at the bottom of the window. Close after effects and then go to the window you just opened and delete all single files listed. Do not delete any folders. Restart after effects. Open a new project and then open a new zaxwerks project. Once inside the zaxwerks edit window open up your previously saved project file.

if you're using Windows 7 I believe this may be related to a power saving issue within Windows itself. I noticed that when the hard drives are spinning/running I have less trouble with crashes. You may wish to check your power settings and set everything to run at full bore. In other words turn power saving mode off.

Max Power
Q-Arts Media

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Mar 24, 2016 at 4:22:40 pm

I appreciate the feedback, but unfortunately that work around doesn't help me. I'm on Mac, not PC, and I need to be able to open existing projects and make changes to the textures and then re-render them. I'm integrating the Zaxwerks plugin with other elements in After Effects and I would have to rebuild the entire AE project with your workaround and that's a non-started. The texturing is where the problem arises. I should be able to apply as texture from whatever option is available, without the whole program crashing. I shouldn't have to rely on workarounds to make the software work correctly.

Zaxwerks has been aware of this issue for quite some time and they simply don't seem to care. I guess I'm just one little user and don't matter. I really like the product when it works. I think it's innovative, efficient and a pretty easy way to do 3D work for my application in TV. But I seem to keep running into issues when they release updates or new versions. It's getting to be a really frustrating cycle. I guess it's time to start investigating other options. I don't know. Thanks for your input though.

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Oct 4, 2016 at 3:58:54 pm

Hi, Cliff... I've had the same issue (and others) using Invigorator for some time now. Initially, the team at Zaxwerks seemed rather diligent in trying to resolve the problem, but with no success. Eventually, their responses ceased. I hate to admit it, but the frustration with it has caused me to all but stop using the plug in; which is a shame because: 1. We paid for the software, and 2. I've seen some really nice work with this plug in. I hope you've had a better outcome.

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Cliff Wallace
on Oct 4, 2016 at 9:44:16 pm

Nope Rob, the problem still persists in my world. I do such a high volume of work that I don't have the time to keep chasing solutions, so I hardly use it these days. It's very unfortunate because I've used Zaxwerks products for quite some time and I really do like them. I am especially impressed with the addition of so many new features over the years. But if bugs in the upgrades render the product practically useless, then my investment is wasted. I'm going to have a hard time in convincing myself, not to mention my bosses, that it's worth it to keep upgrading when they are so often flawed. It's very difficult to be productive when your tools don't work properly. I'm still holding out hope that Zaxwerks will find a way to fix things, but I haven't heard a peep from them in a long, long time. I don't remember any software patches or updates for some time now, and haven't seen or heard of what, if anything is coming in the next version. I wonder if they are even still in the game. Dunno.

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Oct 5, 2016 at 7:33:30 pm

Cliff... I don't want to jinx anything but... this morning I installed the Adobe After Effects CC 15.3 Release and installed the Invigorator Pro v8.6.0 Plug-In and... so far - so good. I have a rather complex model ( at least for me ) that I've been able to open and work on and it's been behaving nicely. I'm struggling a bit with getting the reflection map the way I want, but at least - up to now - I've been able to work on it crash-free. Good luck !

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Oct 5, 2016 at 8:52:23 pm

I knew it was too good to be true. Stepped away from the computer for about an hour... came back to the project, hit the set up button and "CRASH" ! I don't have time to fool with Invigorator anymore... gotta move on to something dependable.

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]