ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How to add AE lights?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon WhittleHow to add AE lights?
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:23:22 am

I'm a brand new user to 3D Invigorator, so apologies for any rank newbie errors!

I've set up a comp in AE, created an 3d Invigorator (V7) layer and imported a 3D model into it. As I wanted to use AE's cameras, I ticked 'use comp camera' and added an AE camera. All is fine so far. I also wanted to be able to use AE lights as well, so in the Invigorator Effects Menu, I also toggled 'Use Comp Lights' to on.

For some reason, after adding an After Effects light, I just cannot get it to light up the 3D Invigorator model. I know the light is working as it is lighting up a couple of AE layers I have in the scene.

Am I missing something?

Mike.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: How to add AE lights?
by on Jul 29, 2014 at 10:29:59 pm

Hi Mike,

Be sure you are working with Spot Lights or Parallel Lights. If you are using Point Lights, then it will not work with the Invigorator objects. Also, be sure you do not have Absolute Colors set to your objects. If you are using Absolute Colors, then your objects will not react to the Comp Lights.

If you're still having problems, please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: How to add AE lights?
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 4:14:15 pm

Hi Mike.

A quick note: 3D Invigorator does support AE Point Lights on Invigorator objects.

m

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: How to add AE lights?
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:04:04 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry about the confusion in the earlier reply. Matt is correct, Point Lights do work with the Invigorator Objects. I was thinking about shadow casting using Point Lights, which does not work, so I apologize for the confusion. In any case, if you are still having problems, please send me your project file and I will be happy to get you up and running.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]