ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Reflections not going all the way to the bottom of the comp

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill TriplettReflections not going all the way to the bottom of the comp
by on Apr 20, 2014 at 1:06:08 am

Having a heck of a time getting my reflections to be full length. They appear to be short or cut off. I'm sure it has to do with where the floor is located in relation to the box I want reflected. Any thoughts or is this addressed somewhere?

Return to posts index

Bill TriplettRe: Reflections not going all the way to the bottom of the comp
by on Apr 20, 2014 at 1:31:40 am

Forgot to mention that there is an area at the bottom of the comp where the reflection stops.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Reflections not going all the way to the bottom of the comp
by on Apr 21, 2014 at 11:02:58 pm

Hi Bill,

When working with 3D Reflector, you will need to check how the floor layer interacts with the camera. For example, if the floor is sitting flat, parallel to the direction the camera is facing, then you will not see much of a reflection because of the angle of the floor. However, if the floor or the camera is angled then you can see more of the floor and more of the reflection as well. Try rotating the floor layer in the X-axis and update the Reflector plug-in and this should help you set up the angle of the floor that you need.

If you are still having problems, please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I can take a look at your project file and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]