ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Importing into separate layers from Cinema 4D using Invigotator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Rice
Importing into separate layers from Cinema 4D using Invigotator
on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:23:25 pm

I want to integrate a 3D scene that I will create in Cinema 4D with live action footage shot with a green screen.

My plan is to create the Cinema 4D scene with various objects (trees, buildings, etc.) and import the objects into After Effects (using 3D Invigorator) such that each object is in a separate layer in AE. Then I plan on placing my video footage in between the various layers to simulate things like "duck behind that rock".

Can this be done with Invigorator?

Gary

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Importing into separate layers from Cinema 4D using Invigotator
on Feb 10, 2014 at 6:30:42 pm

Hi Gary,

Using 3D Invigorator PRO, you will be able to import models such as Maya .obj, Lightwave .lwo, or Cinema 4D objects. Keep in mind that for Cinema 4D objects, we only support up to version 5, so if you are using a newer version of Cinema 4D, you will need to export your objects using a different format such as .obj.

You are able to apply 3D Invigorator PRO to different layers in After Effects. To do this, simply create multiple Solid layers in After Effects and apply 3D Invigorator PRO to each Solid layer. Then, you can import different objects to each instance of Invigorator PRO. Another approach is to import all the objects into the same scene. Since all the objects are in the same 3D space, you can position each object in Z-space and manipulate the Invigorator camera or After Effects Comp camera to "duck" behind the objects.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]