ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Proanimator 7 Flares not blocked by other object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wade CampbellProanimator 7 Flares not blocked by other object
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:01:09 pm

This one has me baffled. While working in the Animation view, I have a light rig with a lens flare setting. I have another (Illustrator) object passing betwene the light and the (Main) camera. In the view window during playback the object would obscure the light and the flare, but in the final render (Quicktime with Alpha) the flare (I believe just the flare, not the light itself)appears on the foreground object as it passes. Attempting screen snip attach...

Note the truss is behind the text and where the flare on the "R" is is a fixture on the truss.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Proanimator 7 Flares not blocked by other object
by on Dec 26, 2013 at 6:58:31 pm

Hi Wade,

Be sure to select the Flare layer and in the Animation Controls window, be sure the setting "Disappears Behind Objects" is checked. This way, the flare will not show up when it is behind another object.

If you're still having problems even though that setting is turned on, please send the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Wade CampbellRe: Proanimator 7 Flares not blocked by other object
by on Dec 26, 2013 at 7:34:23 pm

Thanks Edward. Those settings were on, but I did find the problem. If I attempted the Invigorator or OpenGL engines, it would give that result. Using the Ray Trace render worked correctly(but took nearly 90 minutes for a 10 second clip).

Also, on a side note, in another post you (I'm pretty sure) had mentioned turning off Tool Tips to improve Fragmentation performance. I had not been making use of Frag because of the slow speed, but that tip helped as well, so thanks twice!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Proanimator 7 Flares not blocked by other object
by on Dec 27, 2013 at 1:01:56 am

Hi Wade,

Interesting, the OpenGL and Invigorator Renderer should yield the same results as the Ray Trance Renderer. The Ray Trace renderer does render slower and from your results, it seems like it rendered the animation at a rate of about 18 seconds per frame, which is not too bad depending on what you have in the scene. If you are using Motion Blur or Ray-Trace shadows, this may be why the rendering is taking longer. If you're still having problems with OpenGL and Invigorator renderer issues, feel free to send me the project file and I can take a look at what is causing the issue for you.

You're welcome and it's great to hear that the tooltip post helped with your computer. It's a conflict with certain Windows computers, but not all computers.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]