ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Transferring objects between comps

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stacy RothwellTransferring objects between comps
by on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:53:31 am

I had several comps in AE that use a 3D logo that was created in AI and imported into Invig Pro 6.1.

I have had to modify the logo, but the modification only happened in the one AE comp.

Is there any way to tell Inivg Pro to take the Invig "model" and apply it to another comp, except keep all the keyframes?

I hope this makes sense, but it will keep me from having to modify the same logo four different times for four different comps.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Transferring objects between comps
by on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:10:02 pm

Hi Stacy,

From your description, it may be easier to export the finished logo and re-import it into the other Compositions. This way, you will not need to edit the logo four different times. You can export the logo by using the Object > Export Models command.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Stacy RothwellRe: Transferring objects between comps
by on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:28:09 am

Thanks! Is there any way to import the exported object into another comp, but have it keep the camera, set and keyframes of the new comp?

When I import, it takes all the parameters from the comp it was exported from.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2013 at 3:55:57 pm

Hi Stacy,

This depends on if you are using the Comp Camera. If you are not using the Comp Camera, then it will use the same Invigorator Camera used in the old Comp. If this is the case, you will need to make adjustments to your Invigorator Scene Camera.

In regards to the keyframes, if you duplicate the Comp with the Invigorator layer, then it will contain all the keyframes from the old Invigorator layer. If you are using the Comp Camera, create a new Comp Camera and delete the old Comp Camera, and Invigorator will update the view to use the new Comp Camera.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on Oct 17, 2013 at 8:39:34 pm

Hi Stacy,

I apologize if this message is a little late. I created a setup of what you are trying to do exactly to get a better understanding of what you are running into. I think I see the situation you are running into.

When you export the object from the first Comp, it saves the position of the object in the exported object. This means, when you import the object into the second Comp, the object is not animating correctly since it is not starting in the position of the object in the first Comp. To fix this, go into the Invigorator Set-Up window, and go to the Object Controls panel. In the Info section, click "Reset" for the Position controls. After doing this, your objects should animate correctly.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]