ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator Pro 6.1.1 - 2 Questions

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim van der Meulen
Invigorator Pro 6.1.1 - 2 Questions
on Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05:55 am

Hi all,

I am using the Invigorator Pro plugin with After Effects CC (both latest versions) and I am experiencing extreme slowness in the interface of Invigorator.
Sometimes when I hit one button, it can take up to a minute for it respond. Is anyone else experiencing this? And what could be a solution. I checked to see if I can adjust the memory or caching options to the plugin, but I can't find any.

I figured it can't be my system, since I am running Windows7Ultimate 64bit on a 24 core system with 64GB of RAM and a Nvidia Quadro 5000.

I know my project is fairly big, since I imported an Illustrator file with many objects, but it's the same when I create a smaller project.

The other question is:

Somehow I managed to 'lock' all objects in one layer, in the object list. I have no idea how that happened, but since there are over 200 objects in that layer and I need to unlock them all again, I don't want to do that one by one. Can anyone tell me how to 'lock/unlock' all objects at once in a layer?
Because with the way my interface is so slow in response, it's gonna take me a year to unlock them one by one... haha

Many thanks in advance,

Tim

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Invigorator Pro 6.1.1 - 2 Questions
on Aug 22, 2013 at 4:00:34 pm

Hi Tim,

From the slowness you mentioned, it sounds like your graphics card driver may be outdated. Try going to your video card manufacturer's web site and downloading the latest driver. Also, if you are working with a really complicated project, you can also go into the Invigorator Preferences window and turn off the setting "Use GL Shaders for Draft/Final Mode". This will reduce the amount of calculations needed for all the maps that are used in the project. In addition, when you have a lot of objects, you can switch your display to wireframe and it should speed everything up. To turn the visibility on for multiple objects, you can drag the mouse down across the visibility eyeball and it will turn on the visibility for all layers you drag across.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Tim van der Meulen
on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:00:28 pm

Thank you Edward. Last week I already updated my drivers to the latest version, but I will try my hands on your other tips.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 22, 2013 at 10:18:36 pm

Hi Tim,

No problem. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]