ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator V6 UI hangs

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Clark
ProAnimator V6 UI hangs
on Mar 30, 2013 at 3:16:51 pm

Running on CS6 AE as plugin and as standalone Win7 AMD FX8150 8 cores 32GB ram GTX 550Ti latest driver.

When I try a 3D text frag like swarm the UI seems to stall and hang, can't even quit sometime - have to close or "end Process".

If i have several object tracks and i delete or undo the Frag the ProAnimator UI fails to properly display the remaining object tracks lower in the stack.

Sometimes if i make an object change and come back to animation workspace the UI gets all scrambled with panels undocked and unresponsive.

My only luck has been to use AE and the plugin and jump back to AE as fast as possible without much manipulation in ProAnimator 6 (kinda defeats the purpose of Zax's great do it till it looks right concept) and then Ram Preview etc all works ok. If I go back to edit in plugin and make changes it seems risky as I most often stall or hang or loose object tracks.

Return to posts index

Michael Clark
Re: ProAnimator V6 UI hangs
on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:35:56 pm

in attempt to troubleshoot this I started with non fragmented 3D text and slowly worked up complexity. Things seem ok with a few fragments - although all final character smoothing is lost - the final number does not affect the render smoothing much if at all once frag is applied- (reduces smoothing of the entire object tract). Frag deleted or turned off and character smoothing returns, but issues develop in UI...

So a simple 2x2 frag seems ok, go up to 4x4 slices and the UI hangs and then Object track names are lost in tracks below the frag track and at least one CPU core seems fully occupied as the UI hangs unresponsive at animation playing, ProAnimator standalone crashes at render movie in this state

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:46:08 pm

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're running into. Fragmentation takes a lot of processing, this is why it may take some time when making changes with fragmentation or selecting different fragmentation presets such as Swarm. With the Swarm preset, there are many pieces so it may take some time for the program to calculate the animation.

There are some settings that may help with the speed issue. The first thing you can try is to turn the 3D Preview panel display to Wireframe. By setting it to Wireframe, the program does not have to calculate all the texture maps of all the surfaces, etc. In addition, you can go into the ProAnimator Preferences window and turn off the "Use GL Shaders in Draft/Final Mode" settings. This will also speed up the preview time. Finally, lower the Object Smoothness Preview setting for all your objects and also turn off Shadow Casting if you have that option turned on. If you have a lot of objects, these settings can cause the program to slow down quite a bit during preview.

As for the other issues you mentioned, I will take a look into the Undo issue you mentioned regarding Object Tracks and also the issue regarding Object Smoothing. If possible, please send the project to me at ed@zaxwerks.com so I can take a look at your project setup and see if I can reproduce the issues you are encountering. Please keep in mind that our email system is currently experiencing some issues so I may not be able to respond to your email right away.

Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Michael Clark
on Apr 1, 2013 at 7:43:54 pm

Ed I sent 2 scene files to your email Friday concerning the undo issues, Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:44:18 pm

Hi Michael,

My email is working now, so I was able to retrieve the project files that you sent. Thanks. Please see my reply to your email.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]