ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator 6 AI Import Issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Carey
ProAnimator 6 AI Import Issue
on Oct 1, 2012 at 6:59:18 pm

Hey Gang,

I just got the update to ProAnimator 6 and I'm thoroughly confused but the entirely new interface, and my old nemesis is back!

The AI Import!

Ok... I watched the old tutorial on importing AI files into ProAnimator. I have an AI file that has been formatted properly according to your tutorial but when I import the file, I only get a portion of the imported object, not the entire object. The Zaxwerks website does not talk about the proper procedure for importing into ProAnimator 6, nor is there sufficient info on the import process.

Can someone shed some light? What is the correct procedure to prep an AI file for PA6?

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator 6 AI Import Issue
on Oct 2, 2012 at 5:12:44 pm

Hi Wayne,

The process for importing Illustrator files has remained unchanged for ProAnimator 6, so you can breathe a sigh of relief there. I think what you may be running into may be one of two things. The first is you may have all your paths in one layer in Illustrator. Then, when you bring in the Illustrator file, if you have the "Open By Layers" option enabled, this will cause all the shapes to cut into one another and mess up your object. The second thing you may be running into is if you are working with Compound Paths or Clipping Masks this may also cause the shape to not be cut properly. You may to use the "Release Clipping Mask" command and remove the Clipping Mask since Clipping Masks are not supported, or make sure you have used the Expand command when working with Compound Paths.

If you are still running into problems, please send the Illustrator file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com. I will take a look at your Illustrator file for you and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]