ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Pro Animator crash on install in CS6

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe TierneyPro Animator crash on install in CS6
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 2:08:35 pm

Hi,

I just updated to CS6 and Pro Animator is giving me a very odd crash report. I'll enter personal info and serial and the license is approved, then a message immediately comes up telling me that only an admin can enter this serial and locks me out of my project altogether. This is through the only account on my computer and it is an Admin account. Please respond with a fix ASAP as this plugin is restricting my access to a project that has a deadline of this afternoon.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Pro Animator crash on install in CS6
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:01:00 pm

Hi Joe,

I looked at your record and it seems like you are using ProAnimator version 5.1.0 on the Mac. If you're not using version 5.1.0, please send me an e-mail and I can provide the download link to you. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com.

From your descriptions, it sounds like you are running into a permissions issue with either OSX Lion or Mountain Lion. Below are steps to fix the permissions issue:

Click the "Go" button, hold down the "Option" key on the keyboard and click the "Computer" button. Select your main Hard Drive, go into the "Users > Shared > Zaxwerks" and enable the "Read & Write" permissions for the "Libraries" folder.

Be sure to enable "Read & Write" permissions for everything listed. This may include the "User Account, Wheel, and Everyone".

If you're still having problems, the article below contains pictures that may help:

http://zaxwerks.com/helpcenter/faq9.shtml

Please e-mail me or call us at 626-309-9102 if you're still running into problems.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Joe TierneyRe: Pro Animator crash on install in CS6
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:26:43 pm

The permissions fix did the trick. Thank you 10,000 times for getting back with me so quickly!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Pro Animator crash on install in CS6
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 6:51:48 pm

No problem at all.

I'm glad to hear that you are up and running. Thanks for the update!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]