ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Strange shadow problem in 3D invigorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georgina LordStrange shadow problem in 3D invigorator Pro
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:12:22 pm

Screenshot: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4301/shadowsc.jpg

This is a screen shot of the AE main window with single 3D model loaded into Invigorator. There are no other assets in the comp, JUST the single model and an AE spot light and an ambient light.

The view you are seeing is from directly above the model, looking down on it, and the spot light is placed almost vertically above the model, shining down onto it as you can see. There is a shadow of the upper part of the model being cast onto a shadow catcher later at the bottom of the model as I would expect, however there are fine line shadows also appearing that are definitely not part of the model (you can see the space between the AE spot light and the model, and there is nothing in between that could cause those lines) and I cannot figure out where they are coming from. I've highlighted the lines with a red border in the sample image.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks.

G.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Strange shadow problem in 3D invigorator Pro
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:06:10 pm

Hi Georgina,

The lines that you are looking at maybe from the shape that you're working with. It's a little hard to tell from the screen shot that you sent. However, the shape may have a spike that is causing the shadows to show up. Try adjusting the SpikeBuster controls and it may resolve the issue you're running into. Also, if you are working with a transparency map, check the transparency map to see if there is a slim line at the borders of the maps.

If you can't figure out what's causing the issue, try sending the project file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look and see what's causing this issue for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Georgina LordRe: Strange shadow problem in 3D invigorator Pro
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 9:40:37 pm

Thanks for your reply Edward.

I don't have any shapes in the scene, just a single 3D model I imported (obj). I was under the impression the the spikebuster controls are only available for user-generated or imported vector images?

I'll have another play around and if I can't figure things out I will send you the project as requester.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Strange shadow problem in 3D invigorator Pro
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 10:19:24 pm

Hi Georgina,

I see, I didn't realize that was an imported shape. Try going into the Preferences window and increasing the Shadow Map size and see if that helps.

Or if you're still having problems, please send the project file over and I'll take a look at what may be causing the issue.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]