ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Looking for a tutorial or suggestions to make a DVD for a project

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitt
Looking for a tutorial or suggestions to make a DVD for a project
on Jul 1, 2012 at 5:15:49 am

Hi there,

I've been working all day trying to figure out how to make a cool DVD in Proanimator for a project I'm working on. I need to have it move into position as if it's being inserted to a DVD player.

I've found a DVD .obj file that works but I can't get the reflective surfaces to look right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MIKE

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Looking for a tutorial or suggestions to make a DVD for a project
on Jul 3, 2012 at 6:36:19 pm

Hi Mike,

If the DVD object file that you downloaded includes a Reflectivity map, load it into the Reflectivity section and increase the Reflectivity section and it should work pretty well for you. If it doesn't include a Reflectivity map, try looking for a texture map online to use for the Reflectivity. You may find free maps online that work well for what you're trying to set up.

If you can't find any maps online, try creating the reflectivity map in Photoshop. You can probably start with creating a radial gradient with creating white streaks going from the center of the circle and going out towards the edges of the disk. If you have a DVD laying around, you can pick it up and look at how the reflections are appearing. Then draw a similar shape using black and white areas in Photoshop. The image that you draw doesn't have to be very complicated.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]