ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Bending an object in Zax Pro animator 5 or modeler

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george giles
Bending an object in Zax Pro animator 5 or modeler
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:00:17 pm

Hi, I have a simple arrow that I need to bend like it is pointing around a circle. New at modeler and pro animator 5.
I have no idea how to do this, I read that it could do it but I am lost.
Any help would be great, Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Bending an object in Zax Pro animator 5 or modeler
on Jun 7, 2012 at 6:21:08 pm

Hi George,

To do this, go to the Animation Timeline panel and select the Object Track where you want to bend the model. Then, go into the Track Commands and select "Add Warp Track". This will add a Warp Track and a starting Warp Pose to the Object Track. If you select Warp Pose, you will see all the controls to bend the arrow. The default Warp Style is "Bend From Center", which will bend your arrow into a circle if you increase the Warp Amount.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

george giles
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:11:08 pm

That's great Edward. Now if I could just save this as an object it would be wonderful. But I notice when I move the object around in the 3D preview it changes shape. Is this the only way I can use this object?
Do I have to adjust the warp every time I change the objects direction? I know I must be doing something wrong. Really appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

george giles
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:26:19 pm

Okay I should have waited before I opened my mouth. Figured out about the changing shape thing. Now if there was a simple way to change the pivot point of the object without having to create a group with a null object or whatever to do it.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 7, 2012 at 7:34:36 pm

Hi George,

We've simplified how to change the pivot point of an object. In ProAnimator version 5, simply select the object, then go into the Object Controls Panel. Expand the "Info" section and change the pivot point to the position that you need.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

george giles
on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:39:58 pm

Okay I'm back to the issue of the object changing shape when I try to adjust it's position on the Object track.
Am I only able to change the object position from the warp track?

Really appreciate the help Edward.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 7, 2012 at 9:46:36 pm

Hi George,

Be sure to click on the button "Set Warp Target" at the position where the Warp looks right. This is usually the initial position where the object starts out. Then, after you have set the Warp Target, as you move the object around the Warp will remain the same.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

george giles
on Jun 7, 2012 at 9:55:40 pm

That didn't work, it's weird it shrinks down and twists a little.

Return to posts index

george giles
on Jun 8, 2012 at 1:29:37 pm

Hi Edward, I realized that you have to have your object exactly where you want it in the first key frame or it goes nuts. Obviously I was making small adjustments in position after adding warp.

Now, if you could help me out with one more thing. I have an arrow rotating in a circle and I need to change the axis of that circle. Actually there are two arrows and they will be crossing paths sort of like molecules circling an atom. I tried adding a null object, tilting it and making it the parent of the arrow but all that did was make the null object spin like the arrow.

Can you help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 8, 2012 at 4:25:36 pm

Hi George,

From your description, it may be easier to duplicate the original Object Track that you created. Then, change the direction of the arrow and reverse the direction of the rotation. This should get you the type of animation you're looking for without having to work with Parenting.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]