ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Create this effect with Invigorator pro?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquin
Create this effect with Invigorator pro?
on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:52:10 pm

Hello i've been wanting to do this Effect here -

But i haven't been able to put "Anything" inside of the Gears the only think i had been able to do was the gears

example:

Does anyone know if there's a way of making it using invigorator pro?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Create this effect with Invigorator pro?
on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:49:36 pm

Hi Allen,

The effect inside the gear may just be an image/video mapped onto an circle shape. This can also be achieved by using the Layer Map feature in Invigorator PRO. With Layer Maps, you can use a Pre-Comp and set that as the Layer Map. Then, apply the Layer Map as a texture on a material and apply the material onto the circle shape.

In the Pre-Comp, switch the image from one to another. For the images that have a transparent background, load the alpha channel information into the Transparency section in the Material Editor. The black areas would be transparent while the white areas are opaque. You may need an additional Pre-comp to set up the transparency so that it matches the timing for the image changes. Set the new Pre-comp as Layer Map 2 and apply Layer Map 2 into the Transparency section.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Mar 2, 2012 at 10:32:06 pm

Yup i've thought about that, actually i belive it's the best way to map it onto a layer map but i still can't figure out how to do it. Cause let's see thoese are the steps i follow (Notice i'm still new to this plug-in and don't rlly understand everything)

My whole scene is made out of

- Null Object
- Camera parente to the null object
- Solid with 3D Invigorator Pro.

Now, inside of the plug-in i've imported a proyect i've made in cinema 4D with contains a Gear and i've used the first 3 sets to make the shape of the gear in 3D by creating a gear-inside gear.

Now, when i try to do what u said about the layer maps.

I've imported my file inside of the composition and precomposed and used the first Layer Map 1

but i get lost when u say "apply the Layer Map as a texture on a material and apply the material onto the circle shape"

And the circle shape do i create that as an object inside of Invigorator pro editor? If u could give me more details please.

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:48:49 am

Hi Allen,

When I said to apply the Layer Map as a texture on a material and apply the material onto the circle shape, here's what I mean. First, in After Effects, select the Invigorator PRO layer and go to the Effect Controls window. For the Layer Map 1 control, select your Pre-comp layer. Then, go into Invigorator Set-Up window, and in the Drawing Window, create a Circle Shape using the Shape tool. Next, go into the Material Editor panel, and under the Color section, click the "+" sign. This opens up additional controls. In the "None" drop down menu, select "Layer Map 1". This applies the Layer Map to the material and you can now drag and drop the material onto the Circle Shape.

When you go back into After Effects, you will see the Pre-comp image/animation applied onto the Circle Shape. To apply the alpha information onto the material, you would create another Pre-comp, and apply the Pre-Comp as Layer Map 2, and load it into the Transparency section in the Material Editor.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:04:45 am

Right that's exactly what i needed thnx, but there's still a problem, the image looks weird, reflected on the middle. I tryed changing some settings and couldn't find what was bothering it.

And what did u mean with "To apply the alpha information onto the material, you would create another Pre-comp, and apply the Pre-Comp as Layer Map 2, and load it into the Transparency section in the Material Editor. "

Here are some screenshots of the problem. I tryed with different objects (Video/Images/Solids) yet the problem remains.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8750/16423655.png
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6993/38158645.png
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/279/71149900.png

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Mar 5, 2012 at 3:24:08 pm

Right that's exactly what i needed thnx, but there's still a problem, the image looks weird, reflected on the middle. I tryed changing some settings and couldn't find what was bothering it.

And what did u mean with "To apply the alpha information onto the material, you would create another Pre-comp, and apply the Pre-Comp as Layer Map 2, and load it into the Transparency section in the Material Editor. "

Here are some screenshots of the problem. I tryed with different objects (Video/Images/Solids) yet the problem remains.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8750/16423655.png
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6993/38158645.png
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/279/71149900.png

^^U

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:21:37 am

Hi Allen,

Can you e-mail the project file to me so I can see how you are setting up the project? My e-mail is ed@zaxwerks.com. Thanks.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:52:03 am

Email sended, Thank you for your time.!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:16:51 pm

Hi Allen,

Thanks for sending the project file. I took a look at your project file and sent you a reply. Please take a look at your e-mail.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]