ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Reflector with Invigorator sets?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Carver
3D Reflector with Invigorator sets?
on Feb 26, 2012 at 12:05:58 am

Is it possible to use 3D reflector with a specific set in Invigorator pro?

For example, if I have a 3d Model of a chair as set one, and the floor as set 2, can I apply 3D reflector to the floor to reflect the chair? I've tried various was to do this but with no luck so far.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3D Reflector with Invigorator sets?
on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:32:53 am

Hi Colin,

You actually apply 3D Reflector to After Effects 3D Layers. So, you would create a 3D Layer in After Effects that act as your floor layer, then apply 3D Reflector. Then, disable the setting to hide 2D Layers, and 3D Reflector will create a reflection for your 3D Invigorator PRO objects.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, please let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Colin Carver
on Mar 4, 2012 at 6:41:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, Edward. Sorry for my delay in replying but I'm been working away from home for the last week.

Do you have any tips for aligning a AE 3D layer in the same 3D space as the Invigorator model? I created a large AE solid, set the layer to 3D and rotated it 90 degs on the x axis to make it into a floor layer, but I can't seem to be able to match its position with the base of the Invigorator model's position. Do I need to activate the 3D switch for the Invigorator layer in AE?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:44:43 pm

Hi Colin,

Keep the 3D Invigorator layer as a 2D Layer. If possible, reset the Invigorator object to the default position, and it will be easier to match the floor with the plane in After Effects. If you can't reset the position of the 3D Invigorator PRO object, then go into the Object Controls panel in the Invigorator Set-Up window, then expand the "Info" section so you can see the position of the Invigorator object. Be sure the "Y-Position" value of the Invigorator Object is set so it is above the floor layer. You can go into After Effects and check the position of the floor.

Also, another important note is to disable the setting to "Hide 2D Layers" for 3D Reflector. If you have that setting enabled, then you won't be able to see the reflection of the Invigorator objects.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]